Borla Exhaust On A GTS

sandy3160

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any GTS owners that have a cat back borla exhaust system. Are you happy or is the system to loud> I had the system on my RT/10 and it sounded mint, then I was told on a GTS it becomes overbearing. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wife has Borla cat-back system on her 99 ACR and 01 GTS...LOVES it on both...a little bit of a drone inside with windows up...FINE with her, however. I will admit that I'm considering a Corsa 3 in. cat-back for the 97 GTS that I prefer to drive.

AZVIPERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla cat back on my 98 GTS. I love it. It is a little on the loud side with the windows up. It doesn't bother me but I have had friends comment on how loud it is. It depends on what gear I am in and at what RPMS. The Corsa does seem to be a little more quiet.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Borla's on my GTS and like them fine, even with hi-flo cats, 3" exhausts and fiberglass bulletts instead of the factory muffler at the rear. It is louder, but not too loud for me. You need to hear it installed on a car, however. I do get a little crackling and popping when letting off and coasting. It does have a drone at some speeds with the windows up, but this can be eliminated by shifting gears. It DO sound good at fullbore. I wouldn't change it. I heard a Corsa exhaust, and it did sound better than stock, but I doubt it has the power of the Borla system. I like plenty of h.p. My 2cents.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 1998 GTS with 3" no cats and a hennessey exhaust system which I think is the same as the Borlas or anything else out there that is similar. It is loud! I get complaints from people...but I like it. It's the way the Viper should sound like...loud and powerful. It's like a harley...it's made to be loud.

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Blue">have to keep it out of the resonance rpms on long trips. Lot louder then stock in the resonance range, otherwise, sounds mean. I added some Walker 3" bullet race muffs as resonators but still gonna try a crossover in front of them. If not going the full 3 inch/header route, and for cost of 150 vs 1200 and same performance, I'd just remove the rear resonator, and replace the mufflers in the side sills with some Dynamaxes if I did over</FONT c>

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just the Borla cat back and I love the sound. If anything I would like it to be a bit lounder. So headers and high flow cats are next...

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 GTS with headers, Borla exhaust, no mufflers and soon will get hi flow cats. The sound is not too loud to me. I love it, but I have nothing to compare it to. Besides, I like it loud.