Bosch Fusion Spark Plugs

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Awhile ago some of you asked me to test out the new Bosch Fusion spark plugs that are available for our vipers. I bought 16 of these plugs to try out in our 2003 viper and my 1997 Jeep Wrangler. After installing them in my Wrangler I lost a ton of power, lost about 3 MPG, and the engine ran very rich. A side note was that the engine also ran about 10 degrees hotter than with the Autolite XP985 plugs that I have told you about in the past. Therefor I decided not to try them in the viper n account of my findings in the Jeep. In both cases Bosch had spec-ed them out for the vehicles. I have returned all 16 plugs to NAPA for credit and they indicated I was not the first to return them. They even marled the 10 new ones that were intended for the viper as defective.I can not recommend them. Maybe someone else wants to try them in a viper but I can not see it. The Bosch plugs also did not have a projected tip like the factory Champions and the Autolites.

Robbie

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Ive been pleased with the Xp985's. No issues at all, runs strong. Id recomend the Xp's or stock plugs only.

mexicanhifi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Autolites made my viper run perfect. Less poping.

Mark

2003 viper, 9mm wires, autolites, 3 inch mopar exhaust, cat delete, mopar cpu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc