"Bottom" value of Gen IV ACRs in the future?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone care to speculate what Gen IV ACRs will do in the future?

Example:
Gen 1s seem to be in that mid/lower 20k range.
Gen 2s seem to be in the 30+ range
Gen 2 ACRs 35+?
Gen 3 upper 30/lower 40+ range

Think Gen 4 ACR values will ever dip in the 40s/50s on "average" Or will all the positive press and near 110k sticker keep values higher?

I know, all the speculation and "what if's" stink and there are many factors, but surely I am not the only one to ponder what the Gen 4 ACRs will do?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a few Gen2 ACRs that sold high $50s low $60's recently. I don't see nice Gen4 ACRs selling in the $50s for a very long time if ever depending on what happens with the Gen5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on a Gen4 ACRs dropping too but I'm not holding my breath.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will certainly stay at the highest price point for all the Vipers...particularly the black center band/red stripe cars. I think the SSG cars, while hot now, might not age too well....

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems most Gens. hit about a 50% bottom from MSRP. With the economy the way it is a turn around may take some time. Compared to many exotics 50% isn't so bad.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems most Gens. hit about a 50% bottom from MSRP. With the economy the way it is a turn around may take some time. Compared to many exotics 50% isn't so bad.

Yeah, maybe ten years from now.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a Gen 4 ACR to be 50K unless it's been wrecked.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you figure this out "Anyone care to speculate what Gen IV ACRs will do in the future?"

Could you please also give me this Fridays Lottery numbers too :) (hopefully before Friday)

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will certainly stay at the highest price point for all the Vipers...particularly the black center band/red stripe cars. I think the SSG cars, while hot now, might not age too well....

Why is that?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious as to why you think that....I've had a couple of people tell me that my color combo is the most desirable but never understood why....still don't

Couple of people like the dealer who sold you it? :)
I think he was referring to the Red/Black centerband/Red drivers stripe ACR that set the ring record and was the poster child for ACR's back a few years.
However, it is also one of the highest production colors (27 alone in '09) so I would disagree.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The record Ring car color scheme would be my first choice... The 98 GTS-R is not the lowest production 98 GTS color combo but it's certainly the most prized.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even a "high" production color on the Viper is still considered a very low production number, by automotive standards. If they built 50 of the same color combo, they would still be relatively rare and desirable in 30 years.

I don't see any Gen 4 ACR's ever getting into the $50Ks, unless they are high mileage track cars, or have a salvage title. Eventually, they will reach 60s though. How soon depends on how good/bad the Gen 5 is.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think this question will be raised again and will be speculated more on what do you anticipate the top number to be?? With less than 600 ever made and probably less than 500 in the US., regardless of color of anything else , this machine has the potential to be the most valuable Viper ever? Sure some will disagree, and that is fine, but with all the new track records being established, a full race version done in it's last year ( ACR-X ) , the model has the makings of a legendary car in years to come. Just following historical imperative and viewing past machines that built on their reputation and adacity, the day of the car with traction control based on a human right foot is over. The Viper in general is likely to be on an uphill swing, and as many have noted over the past year, virtually all years of Vipers have seen an increase in the automotive guides over last year. Sure they are just guides , and not always accurate, but from Edmunds, to Kelley , to NADA, Snakes are on a slow assent and even the Banks are easier to deal with -- since the cars book out better. This is not a huge rise , but it is one nonetheless, so for all of us the prediction may be that the machines that embodied the brand , could be strong candidates for collector car status in the coming " Battery Powered" years!!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is that?

While I love SSG, I just think it's a "fad" type color...which won't make it as desirable in the future.

Curious as to why you think that....I've had a couple of people tell me that my color combo is the most desirable but never understood why....still don't

I'm talking specifically about 3 color combo's...the original red/black center band/red stripe, white with black center band/red stripe, and graphite with black center band/red stripe. These are special color combo's that haven't been on a production car...maybe ever? It's also a combo specific to the ACR, and the red stripe, with the stripe on the steering wheel and up the left wing support really make it unique. Only my opinion of course :D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many variables. Remember how quickly things dropped a couple years ago??? Everything seemed to drop $10-15K overnight. That type of situation could happen again; and coupled with normal depreciation due to newer models for sale, they could get quite low. Too many social and economic variables to really tell.

Strange how Hank brought up the SSG. I was just discussing that at a car show yesterday. I said that while I loved the color when it came out, I really don't like it much anymore and it would probably be the last color I would buy if I traded mine for a different Viper.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best price in the future = low mileage, pristine shape, original/stock and especially the 2010 models IMO and probably Barrett Jackson buyers. Hard to put a dollar value on them now.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are special color combo's that haven't been on a production car...maybe ever? It's also a combo specific to the ACR, and the red stripe, with the stripe on the steering wheel and up the left wing support really make it unique. Only my opinion of course :D

Any centerband car with drivers stripe hasn't been on a production car before, since they are only on Gen 4 ACR's.
Most of them are one of three, or five. Color choice is very individual.
The red/black/red combo they made almost a hundred of in 08 and 09, far more than any other.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet that from the pictures posted about 6 months ago there are more 2010 ACR color schemes than color schemes for all years of the Gen2 ACRs combined.

Anybody have those numbers ?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about it. Get one you like that has been well cared for even if it spent time at some driving events and enjoy it. Looking for a profit? Buy gold, an ice cream store or a you spray it car wash. GTS Bruce

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couple of people like the dealer who sold you it? :)
I think he was referring to the Red/Black centerband/Red drivers stripe ACR that set the ring record and was the poster child for ACR's back a few years.
However, it is also one of the highest production colors (27 alone in '09) so I would disagree.

lol....no, not anyone from a dealer.....never said i agree with the statement just have heard it before this thread was even posted....personally I don't think any color would bring more money over another unless it's a must have for the new owner and they're willing to pay for it.....

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will get down to 45-50% of MSRP, then go back up at some point.

I like my SSG even more now than the first time I saw it. Of course now that Chevy has come close to copying it (along with Dodge on the new Challengers), the color may lose favor to more people in the future.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet that from the pictures posted about 6 months ago there are more 2010 ACR color schemes than color schemes for all years of the Gen2 ACRs combined.

Anybody have those numbers ?

Yes, in the Feb 2011 Viper magazine are the exact breakdowns.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to pick, it would be an all white ACR with the red driver's stripe. Second choice is graphite, black center, red driver stripe.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to pick, it would be an all white ACR with the red driver's stripe. Second choice is graphite, black center, red driver stripe.

Hell, Bernie couldn't move those Swiss Army knives for two years where were you??? :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when he sold the swiss army knife, the new owner had it painted with a blue centerband and white drivers stripe :2tu:

He sold one of them to a guy here on Long Island, saw it flash by me once on the highway.
I personally liked the color but what do I know I made a costly mistake color-wise too.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sold one of them to a guy here on Long Island, saw it flash by me once on the highway.
I personally liked the color but what do I know I made a costly mistake on my '09.

That might have been costly ...... but it was the right decision :headbang: :headbang: Sir, you now own one beautiful machine (actually 2, can't forget the GTS) :usa:

PS. how far from Uniondale are you? (our corporate headquarters are in Uniondale)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My second choice after the ring car would be that silver blue stripes acr. I'd like to talk to the guy with that one and introduce myself as the second owner like the audi commercials... Lol