"Bottom" value of Gen IV ACRs in the future?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might have been costly ...... but it was the right decision :headbang: :headbang: Sir, you now own one beautiful machine (actually 2, can't forget the GTS) :usa:

PS. how far from Uniondale are you? (our corporate headquarters are in Uniondale)

Thanks, very happy with my new one. No regrets.
I am about 18-20 miles away from Uniondale, on the north shore of Long Island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, Bernie couldn't move those Swiss Army knives for two years where were you???

I was too busy LOL'ing at the trade-in offer I received for my '06 FE coupe w/ Paxton and HRE wheels. Essentially half the value of a discounted new ACR? Nope. I passed on the offer.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was too busy LOL'ing at the trade-in offer I received for my '06 FE coupe w/ Paxton and HRE wheels. Essentially half the value of a discounted new ACR? Nope. I passed on the offer.

Yeah, I got one of those once upon a time too from Bernie...except my offer for my Paxton'd Gen III was less than half a USED 08 coupe!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a business, you guys moved on and some don't. I hold all three of you in exceptionally high reguard, and you made the best decision for your situations. Tony those white red stripe cars do look bad ass though.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie treated me well on both of my trade ins, in fact I got a lot more for my '09 ACR than I thought I would considering what new ones were being discounted at.
He has to make some money on the deal. You guys know that blowers, wheels and most mods get you virtually nothing on a dealer trade in, and may even hurt.
For me, the sales tax offset made it much more worthwhile to trade in.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie treated me well on both of my trade ins, in fact I got a lot more for my '09 ACR than I thought I would considering what new ones were being discounted at.
He has to make some money on the deal. You guys know that blowers, wheels and most mods get you virtually nothing on a dealer trade in, and may even hurt.
For me, the sales tax offset made it much more worthwhile to trade in.

A few grand profit is acceptable, as I buy plenty of cars. Not $20,000 profit on a single transaction though. Trade in offer was $45K, when similar modded cars on stock wheels were listed at $68-69K at the time. My cars are pristine. It just wasn't meant to be, or I'd be in one of those white ACR's now. I decided to keep my car and just modify it further, I still love the car.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume they will keep going lower for a while, but will begin to increase a few years from now. I don't really care as I plan on driving the crap out of mine and keeping it as long as possible! :)

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot depends on what the reception is to the new Gen5, there has not been a major sell off of cars yet but if the Gen 5 is a hot commodity a lot of people will list their cars and they will flood the market and drive actual sell prices down. if the Gen 5 comes in at too high or a price or people don't like it, that could help keep values higher.

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see all the conversation around it. I was curious to what others thought. I ask with the mindset as I hope they don't go that low! I would be very happy to see the the Gen 4 ACRs do something like the Ford GT's. Bill's comments echoed many of my thoughts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude