Bought a Red 97 GTS Coupe!

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Made a trip to Indianapolis today to buy a Red (is there another color?) 97 GTS Coupe.

Just like when I bought my 94, it rained the entire trip
(except for a few minutes when we first arrived at the dealership).

I have to say, as much as I loved the 94 roadster,
I love everything about the feel of the GTS Coupe better.

Even with the rear muffler removed (not sure whose kit it is yet),
the interior noise level is sooo much lower.
The way the doors sound when you close them is better too.

Now I just need to start a list of mods that I want for it.
cool.gif

Page on my website with pics of My 97 GTS

You must be registered for see images

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations on the GTS. Wonderful cars. Let me recommend your first mod, try a Rich Detert short shifter, they are great for a fraction of the price of the high priced pieces.
Really, enjoy your new car and thanks for supplying people with a nice quality product for a modest price.
Tony

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPR GTS:
Congratulations on the GTS. Wonderful cars. Let me recommend your first mod, try a Rich Detert short shifter, they are great for a fraction of the price of the high priced pieces.
Really, enjoy your new car and thanks for supplying people with a nice quality product for a modest price.
Tony

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
Replacing the shifter shaft is the first mod I have planned.

I'd forgotten just how tall the shifter is with the stock length shifter shaft and how much more flex it has (can you say truck shifter).
laugh.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh Rich, there is another color in 97 too, you just don't hear much about it, and it's ugly anyways..........
laugh.gif

best of luck with the GTS, get out the Bermuda shorts and tank top, mandatory for any driving above freezing!!!

tell us about the power differences and chassis feel comparo when you have some time, new owner of your old car happy? hope so, he bought a nice car.............

take care and enjoy those window switches!!

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cutting out the resonator, adding high flow cats and going to side pipes will cure that problem you are having with the exhaust noise level...
bounce.gif

Congrats!

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

On another note, what's going on here? There have been like 8 vipers purchased in the last 30 days!

Must be all the people who decided to buy during the winter
smile.gif

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
Congrats! Nothing like resale red! I looked at your website. How much were they asking for the blue one with the bodykit?

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ffoote:
Do you have (or install) the different springs in the stock unit? When I looked at mine, it was not obvious how to change them. Would like to try the modded stock shifter vs. my B&M Ripper that I have on now. Have the MGW Striker too for it.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Frank

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't remember who it is that modifies the stock shifter by adding springs to it (I believe Woodhouse sells them, but I'm not sure).
The only part I make (at least for now) is the replacement shifter shafts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KFMSLM
Rich,
Why did you not buy a GenII RT/10?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just had the urge for a GTS Coupe, that and the wife always complained about the Conv. messing her hair up.

BTW, The more I drive the GTS, the more I like it!
bounce.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte