Bought daily driver...

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but it seemed pretty basic for me regarding you not wanting to park the car in a "bad" area. I am sure if some wanted to park their car in the mean sections of Dallas, or leave their cars unattended in West Palm Beach, that they might have a different attitude.

On another note, your gas mileage seems a bit low. Do the normal stuff to make sure you get the max mileage. You should get 22 and 19 mpg.

You know,i was just going by what i had read somewhere but after checking again,they are supposed to get pretty fair gas mileage. When i read about the 15-17 a gallon,i was surprised.I have only had it a few days so i will find out soon.
Thanks,David

Last edited:

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 mustang GT. They can be modded to go quite fast. Pic from 2008 of my car, launching off a transbrake with 22 lbs of boost. It's now modded beyond street use (not sure how smart that is???).

You must be registered for see images attach

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in love with the new 2011 Mustang 5.0. Beautiful car with a rock solid motor. I hope I can buy one sometime in the future. I have owned many mustangs and they always bring out the boy racer in me.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slap a ProCharger on there and it will really come alive!
Speaking of, I've always loved Pro-Chargers and wish they would step up to the Viper market.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had an '07 CS/GT (California Special). Loved that car! Wish I had kept it actually....

They're great cars and not bad as a daily driver if your right foot isn't in Viper Mode:) '05-'10's had the 4.6L. I've heard those 5.0L are a different animal. Also, if you purchased a '10 model you can tell yourself you got the new exterior body/upgraded interior, but the 300hp 4.6L. Imagine, plopping down your cash for a '10 model and the '11 model comes out at 412hp/390ft-lbs a few months later....Can you say 'trade-in.' Some interesting marketing there by Ford, let's fire-up our Mustang customers a little.

Still have a lot of friends from my Mustang days who tell me...."well, I got the last year of the 4.6L with all the bugs worked out." :) :) :)

greg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the mustangs.I have owned a few over the decades.They are always fun to drive(except for the mustang 2's..) i remember once a long long time ago a friend and i stopped for a few beers and some pool after work.Well,my wife at the time was sure i had something going on with one of the waitresses,so when i walked out the door of the little bar,she was waiting for me in her honda civic.She lit into me so bad i just said'you're crazy' and hopped in my mustang 2 and tried to lose her in traffic..i could not get away from that damned honda to save my life(which was a very real possibilty with that crazy woman:omg:)...so i told my friend'watch this!)..i was going to pull a James Bond maneuver by spinning around on the highway and going the oppisite direction to lose her once and for all...it didn't work! I was still laughing thinking surely i had lost her...but when i looked in my rear view mirror,she was right on my tail! To make a long story even longer,i could not shake her in that honda with the mustang 2..That was the only mustang i grew to hate,because it almost cost me my life:(...i finally stopped and we had a big argument in someone's driveway...holding a good show for all the drivers who liked the action i guess. Anyhow,when i turned to walk away,she ran me over with her honda! true story..slammed me hard into the gravel...i did get up and cussed her a bit and started walking to my car agin...she slammed into me again and knocked me down...(she was a hard woman!)..i escaped and lived to tell the story.:2tu: I HATE MUSTANG 2's.:lmao:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 mustang GT. They can be modded to go quite fast. Pic from 2008 of my car, launching off a transbrake with 22 lbs of boost. It's now modded beyond street use (not sure how smart that is???).

You must be registered for see images attach

Man,that's some serious pony's!:2tu:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had an '07 CS/GT (California Special). Loved that car! Wish I had kept it actually....

They're great cars and not bad as a daily driver if your right foot isn't in Viper Mode:) '05-'10's had the 4.6L. I've heard those 5.0L are a different animal. Also, if you purchased a '10 model you can tell yourself you got the new exterior body/upgraded interior, but the 300hp 4.6L. Imagine, plopping down your cash for a '10 model and the '11 model comes out at 412hp/390ft-lbs a few months later....Can you say 'trade-in.' Some interesting marketing there by Ford, let's fire-up our Mustang customers a little.

Still have a lot of friends from my Mustang days who tell me...."well, I got the last year of the 4.6L with all the bugs worked out." :) :) :)

greg

I didn't expect much as far as power with the 4.6,but dang it has some pep to it.I forgot my lottery tickets the other day and had to run back up to the store and get them,so i got into it a little.Surprised that it squeeled the tires in all gear changes..It is a five speed automatic.all the kid who sold it to me knew was it had c&l cold air intake,flowmasters and a tune..Probably going to have race stripes painted on next week .Maybe some day i'll try a supercharger,but for now it is just a dd(wife's lookin over my shoulder):D I think Mustangs did the best job with the retro styling anyway.I have a 2004 mustang but that style doesn't look as good to me anyway. :drive:

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my daily. Stock went 13.7 in the 1/4 mile and I have taken it up to 140 with no problem and had more room to go. Gets me in and out of traffic with absolute ease and a blast to drive! Right around 30MPG on the highway and up to 21MPG in the city if I drive totally normal. Any other daily would bore me...

You must be registered for see images

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Muscle, nice DD.Friend ordered a Boss 302 and I can't wait to put my hands on it:drive:.Should be here no later then mid summer.

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my daily. Stock went 13.7 in the 1/4 mile and I have taken it up to 140 with no problem and had more room to go. Gets me in and out of traffic with absolute ease and a blast to drive! Right around 30MPG on the highway and up to 21MPG in the city if I drive totally normal. Any other daily would bore me...

You must be registered for see images

Looks good..i wanted something with a little punch also...it does have some too! Just because it's a DD,don't mean it has to be boring,right?:drive:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
versus driving it everyday like a honda civic you ****ing idiot. buy a corvette *******.

Bahhahaha! It's one thing to be considered a hotdog swallower by your peers, but to be called out to buy a vette...priceless!:lmao:

When are you going to learn to be nice dave?

Hey mnutz, if you scroll up you'll see my comment wasn't at you. No need defending against it.

Now this is weak. You call him out with your idiotic comment, and when the majority doesnt follow suit, you do a 180, tuck tail and kiss his a**.

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the MotorTrend article on Mustang GT versus new 2011 BMW M3. GT out accelerated it, braked faster and pulled more G's on skid pad. Was also something like 30k$ less. Nice car.

Here it is:

2011 BMW M3 Coupe vs. 2011 Ford Mustang GT Comparison - Motor Trend

Yeah,the new ones are lookin good! Glad america is finally getting back to building cool cars again.I am sick of the cookie cutters the big three put out for so long.And the number one cool car is the Viper!:drive:

Last edited:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dd for three-plus years was a 2008 GT500 convertible... nice car....but I traded it for a 2006 SRT 10 roadster for my dd...... I still have my 1969 Mach 1..... that's a great Mustang... I think I have owned every generation of Mustang except the 1999-2004 models......

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Muscle, nice DD.Friend ordered a Boss 302 and I can't wait to put my hands on it:drive:.Should be here no later then mid summer.

My first car was almost a boss 302. Hell,i was working full time construction at sixteen and had money from that job and i went to the dealership and tried the Boss out.Yellow with black.That thing was the fastest car i had ever been in and i wanted it so bad. My Dad said ok,but Mom wouldn't allow it. Man was i sick over it,so next i went and tried out the little Buick GS...That one was damn quick too,but once again a no go from Mom. I finally ended up with a 66 chevelle vert. Girls loved it but just not enough zing for me.lol...327 powerglide with one two barrel.210 H.P. i think. Next though Mom let me trade it in for a 69 Dodge coronet 440 RT. Loved that car! :drive:

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mustang looks great and I totally get not wanting to leave the Viper in certain areas. I've got an 81 Vette in addition to the 97 GTS and very few give it a second glance. The Viper is a freakin magnet.

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mustang looks great and I totally get not wanting to leave the Viper in certain areas. I've got an 81 Vette in addition to the 97 GTS and very few give it a second glance. The Viper is a freakin magnet.

I know and most of the attention i get are from genuine admirers.I have noticed the younger crowd will get right up against it and i have been noticing small light scratches that weren't there a few months ago. I don't mind people wanting to ask questions or get a closer look but i believe the closer looks are causing some scratch marks now.Vipers are just so freakin cool everyone wants to touch them.lol..heck,i stopped at a store a few days ago and the store owner went nuts over it.He even asked if he could sit in it.I don't mind that kind of thing,but a new paint job would cost me plenty!:omg:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4