Bought my membership finally!!!! List of things to do!!!

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After lurking these forums I have finally bought my membership. I intend on being a regular member now that I have more time to read and post. My car only has 8000 miles on it and its time to get it the way I want it :) There is clearly a wealth of knowledge on these forums and
I'm looking forward to the suggestions to get my vipes the way I want it.

On my list of things to figure out on these forums are the following:

1. Annoying few drops of oil by oil pan .......argh
2. Hood adjustment on 03 SRT Viper, (my buddy had an aftermarket hood and I tried it but was crap, put stock hood back on and needs
tweaking)

3. Getting 2010 hood for my viper
4. Change front sway bar links (worn out)
5. Find good oil cooler lines (I changed the "O" ring in it a few years ago and fixed it)
6. Change out spark plug wires for better ones
7. Look at hard top options for my vert
8. Tires look brand new but 6 years old lol Should replace them:)
9. Find the stock low profile spoiler for rear of car or a different spoiler/wing that works good on a vert

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you've been lurking, then you probably know which vendors to avoid right?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. See comments below.

After lurking these forums I have finally bought my membership. I intend on being a regular member now that I have more time to read and post. My car only has 8000 miles on it and its time to get it the way I want it :) There is clearly a wealth of knowledge on these forums and
I'm looking forward to the suggestions to get my vipes the way I want it.

On my list of things to figure out on these forums are the following:

1. Annoying few drops of oil by oil pan .......argh PROBABLY THE GASKET UNLESS A BOLT IS LOOSE.
2. Hood adjustment on 03 SRT Viper, (my buddy had an aftermarket hood and I tried it but was crap, put stock hood back on and needs
tweaking) THERE ISN'T MUCH ADJUSTMENT OTHER THAN MOVING OR CHANGING THE RUBBER CUSHIONS THAT ARE ON EACH SIDE THAT THE HOOD SHUTS ON.

3. Getting 2010 hood for my viper THE HOOD WAS THE SAME FOR 2008 THROUGH 2010. CHECK THE SHAPE. BEING SO LONG, THEY SOMETIMES ARE A BIT OFF.
4. Change front sway bar links (worn out) COMMON ISSUE. IF YOU INTEND TO TRACK THE CAR, CONSIDER CHANGING THE FRONT SWAY BAR TO THE ACR FRONT SWAY BAR WHILE YOU ARE AT IT. IT IS STIFFER AND WEIGHS A BIT MORE BUT IMPROVES CORNERING. YOU CAN GET IT FROM VPA.
5. Find good oil cooler lines (I changed the "O" ring in it a few years ago and fixed it)
6. Change out spark plug wires for better ones THE STOCK WIRES ARE PRETTY GOOD. I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY SUPERCHARGED GEN III WITH THE STOCK WIRES.
7. Look at hard top options for my vert
8. Tires look brand new but 6 years old lol Should replace them:) YES. ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE RUN CRAPS.
9. Find the stock low profile spoiler for rear of car or a different spoiler/wing that works good on a vert

OP
OP
H

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the awesome welcome guys. Its been some time since I was on here and would love the input of who to purchase parts from etc. Any input would
be appreciated.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome!! As far as a hard top for your vert, go to Autoform and speak to Steve Dreyer. He built me a top for my GTS blue with white stripes 2009 vert which is phenomenal. Exact paint & stripes match. He truly does excellent
work.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang