Brake Ducting Question

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will those hose connections point up with the air entry hole in the bottom of the fascia, or are you aiming the opening forward meaning the hose connection goes to the rear like in the array of other pics.

Edit... Just went to their website and that piece really isn't a NACA duct. Just a duct. I'll presume therefore it will point forward.

Dave the idea is to have them installed behind those beer bottles in the lower fascia assuming they don't interfere with the Roe ducting. Then attach the hose to the ducts and run it behind the wheel well to the brakes as seen in the pics provided by 2kgtsacr. Big thank you to Chuck 98 RT/10 for giving many pointers on this mod.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say "hole" you mean that you cut that lip off of the inside of the fascia?

She's probably talking about the black duct inside the fascia. Here's a pic of mine after it was modded for the Roe duct, before the fascia went back on.

The area you cut the hole(s) in is easily seen on the passenger side - that flat area to the right of the oil cooler.

You must be registered for see images

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone have the problem that I am having in that the cone duct pressed up on the fascia pinching it closed?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally got the Roe Fascia duct and brake ducts installed. The Roe kit went in fairly smoothly. Thanks Dave for all of those pics of your Roe duct installation you sent me some time ago, they were a big help.

Someone mentioned that the brake duct interfered with the Roe kit. I trimmed quite a bit of material from the plastic brake ducts in order for them to fit behind the fascia, as depicted in the pics in this thread. I found that physically they don't interfere with the Roe sheet metal components. Was the interference related to something else? :dunno:

As for the brake ducting hose, I used 3" aircraft-quality 600 degree silicone hose and ran it to the back of the brake calipers. For now, the hose is secured nicely by plastic ties and they point at the brake ducts. Pretty low tech but looks like it'll work nicely. Can't wait to try this out on the track next month. Unfortunately, try as I might I just don't have the room around my neighborhood to try and cook the brakes and see if the ducts work...nor would i really try that. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21