Brake dust repellent

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK bought these, will let you know..........

Step2
Michelin
3 in 1 Tire Shine
Step 3
Michelin
Brake Dust Repellent

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i read the review, in there it shows one wheel coated before and after. the michilin stuff looks like it works well

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine delivered today....getting ready to put it on. Should be able to review how it works in a few days

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some at an Autozone out of my area. I bought three bottles. I applied the stuff as per the directions, and guess what? I still have the same brake dust. I'll try applying it again to see if there are any changes.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought a bottle at Autozone. First thing I noticed was that this stuff does not even leave a slippery/glassy feeling after it dries. That was the first observation and I thought to myself "How can this stuff possibly repel dust if it isn't even as slick as the wax I typically use?" Well, my suspicions were correct. This stuff looks and smells like water, and you know what...I think it is basically water! It was WORSE then Wheelwax that I typically use. Actually, I've tried NXT wax on my wheels and it did a much better job than this Micheline stuff. Don't waste your time or money. Back to Wheelwax for me.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Michelin on three of my cars, and I see where the problem lies. They list it as a three step process, 1 use the cleaner, 2 then the tire dressing, 3 apply the brake dust repellent. They forgot step 4, the one that says if you must drive your car between applications, please don't use the brakes. I drove about 70 miles on Saturday, and they were as bad or worse than without the Michelin Brake dust repellent