Brake Dust

salties

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm tired of cleaning the brake dust off my wheels after each drive , are there any brake pads recommended that still stop the car and keep my wheels clean?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As they teach in Viper Days, the less the pads dust the less they are effective. I had the EBC's on my 06 and thought where did my brakes go. Put the stockers back on and could not believe the difference. If you do not drive hard I guess it probably does not matter.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys at viper days have obviously never tried the hawk ceramic pads... i just put them on my srt8 challenger and they stop better than stock with no dust after break in.....The stock brakes on the challenger were excellent to begin with

The hawk ceramics on the viper are not quite as good as stock but perfect for street use

EBCs **** in every way

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As they teach in Viper Days, the less the pads dust the less they are effective. I had the EBC's on my 06 and thought where did my brakes go. Put the stockers back on and could not believe the difference. If you do not drive hard I guess it probably does not matter.

Agreed. If you are tracking and need to STOP, you shoud deal with the dust. However, if you are just street driving like me, the ceramics would be alright.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You contradicted yourself in this response. We were talking Vipers right? Not busting on you, I just think everyone should know that less dust is not going to give you better braking. It may be a good tradeoff for specific users.

I guess the Viper Days group are coming from a a prospective of the most effective pads for driving hard and stopping as fast as possible.

The guys at viper days have obviously never tried the hawk ceramic pads... i just put them on my srt8 challenger and they stop better than stock with no dust after break in.....The stock brakes on the challenger were excellent to begin with

The hawk ceramics on the viper are not quite as good as stock but perfect for street use

EBCs **** in every way

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it really bothers you, get a mini california duster and use it to wipe off the dust after driving. I made the mistake on my Lexus to switch to the less dusting pad, and my dad, my brother, and I almost all rear-ended other cars because of the difference. I will not make the same mistake with the Viper.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be lucky or missing something. I have been using EBCs for years on multiple Vipers with no issues--except a lot less dust.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You contradicted yourself in this response. We were talking Vipers right? Not busting on you, I just think everyone should know that less dust is not going to give you better braking. It may be a good tradeoff for specific users.

I guess the Viper Days group are coming from a a prospective of the most effective pads for driving hard and stopping as fast as possible.

there is no contradiction there, just apply your brakes and read slower

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense but you need to reread, you said that the Viper days group have never tried hawk pads. Yet you say on the Viper they are not quite as good as stock. That is what I had said they claimed, therefore it is a contradiction.

My brakes work good, I don't use ceramic :D

EBCs **** in every way

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the Hawk HPS pads. There is a lot less dust( still some dust, nothing like OEM) and they stop great. I am using them with Eurotech rotors. I kinda' think that if the pads aren't "bedded" correctly, they will wear faster regardless. IMHO

A set of SS brake lines help braking quite a bit also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi