Brake pad recommendation for street?

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock brakes on my 01 GTS squeal when pressed lightly. Not sure my neighbors appreciate this when I go home late in the evening. Does anyone have a recommended replacement pad? I've heard EBC greens are good for street use. TIA

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We can HIGHLY recommend the EBC Greenstuff pads for street use!!
No squeal (though that never bothered me), almost no dust!!!(especially good with ACR's BBS wheels), and they STOP well. They are VERY easy to install...especially if you get "the tool" (for use on the 2001's rear piston)when you order the pads from Parts Rack or Greatbrakes.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stock pads.They only squeek until you figure out that you don't have to apply them so early(lightly) and brake later.Dust is a non issue if you have zaino on the wheels etc. it just washes right off.I see no reason to degrade your braking capabilities.Of course if you are grooming a show queen then go for it.Whatever turns you on. Bruce(driver that is show queen clean)

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the ebc green front and rear in a box waiting to be put on come spring. Besides less dust from what i understand you get better braking.

Will let you know come next spring.

I ordered mine from greatbrakes, outstanding customer service!!
smile.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH...just installed another set of EBC Greenstuff pads...this time, Kurt and I did his 2001 GTS...the rears are a pain compared to previous Vipers...and since the piston is NOT fixed in bracket at the time one needs to reseat it, the "tool" seems mandatory...at least in MY opinion. GET THE TOOL !!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve-Indy:
NEWS FLASH...just installed another set of EBC Greenstuff pads...this time, Kurt and I did his 2001 GTS...the rears are a pain compared to previous Vipers...and since the piston is NOT fixed in bracket at the time one needs to reseat it, the "tool" seems mandatory...at least in MY opinion. GET THE TOOL !!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS from a guy with a mega-SNAP-ON toolbox, incl brake kit!

BONUS: The last delivery of EBC-GREENS into the USA, and everything we have had in stock since Oct 2, are the longer-life pad. Endurance is now a 7....was a 3. 1/3 the cost of OE pads........ Not happy after 1000 miles? PartsRack refunds 100%............ I have 2001 rear tools IN STOCK

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...AND don't forget to BUY and READ the 2001 service manual BEFORE you change the brake pads...certainly NOT a hard or complex job...just a little different in the rear...and the rear calipers are NOT "old fronts moved to back end" as someone asked me!!!
bounce.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I recall, $149.00 plus shipping for Greenstuff pads for all 4 corners.

Sounds like you're having a great time at SEMA, Sean...Say "Hi" to Becky!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog