Brake Pads - How often do you swap them out?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 13k on my stock pads. how often do you replace them? has anyone used EBC reds on their SRT? ive used to use them on my RT/10 and they worked great!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was younger, I was changing them every 5k. Now I get about 10k on em. Reds work great on all of em. 13k is pretty good use out of a set of pads, keep an eye on em!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is going to chucks on Tuesday for Stoptechs and EBC Reds. From what I heard the Reds create much less dust and match the stock pads in performance. If that holds true i will be very happy, especially losing 8lbs per corner.

i have 13k on my stock pads. how often do you replace them? has anyone used EBC reds on their SRT? ive used to use them on my RT/10 and they worked great!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've done so much research on boards on pads for different cars on many sites including tirerack.com which probably has over 50 subjective reviews on certain pads and one thing is for sure.....peoples opinions vary greatly on this issue....

For me ebc red even the new formula were squeaky despite turning rotors, new rotors and pads u name it they still squeaked even with ebc rotors... On my 08 i went with hawk performance plus ceramic with stoptech rotors.. proper breakin procedure and almost no dust , no squeaky noise and great stopping power for street use.....i ordered mine thru zeckhausen racing....hawk makes other pads besides the ceramics for the viper... just my 2 cents

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hard to beat the stock Brembo pads for all around use. They stand up pretty well and the track and last very long on the street. I have 40,000 miles on my 04 SRT-10 stock pads and they're still about 50%. This includes some track days and many stops from 160 +.

Dan

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of performance I have no complaints about the stock pads. However I can not stand the amount of brake dust they produce. Two decent drives and my HREs are covered.

If the Reds match the performance of the stock pads with less dust, I will be very happy.

Hard to beat the stock Brembo pads for all around use. They stand up pretty well and the track and last very long on the street. I have 40,000 miles on my 04 SRT-10 stock pads and they're still about 50%. This includes some track days and many stops from 160 +.

Dan