Brake question on a 95 RT/10

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from my Viper dealer, and they had a 95 RT/10 there. They were doing some motor work on it, and said that the brakes felt funny to them. They did not touch the brakes while working on the car. I have a 98 GTS, and they offered to let me drive the RT/10 and test the brakes. I noticed that the petal was very stiff compared to mine, and that the brakes on my GTS were much more sensitive. They also said that the brakes felt fine when it first arrived there. The car was a 95 RT/10 with 2000 miles on it. My dealer told me to post a message here, and see if anyone has had similar problems with thier brakes. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Stroyne

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they accidentally disconnect/pinch the vacuum line to the brake booster? That would make it stiff but less responsive in a short time.

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are very observant. The 92-95 brake pedal feel was very firm with a short pedal travel. In 1996 the vehicle received a new re-calibrated Bendix brake booster which supplies a slightly softer pedal feel with a longer pedal travel. It was modified to provide increased pedal feel and increase modulation for low-to-moderate speed braking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte