Brake Rotors !!??

webtrader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question in regards to brake rotors...I want to replace my stock ones with some better ones and then put some green pads on them...(Can't stand the dust and noise). Which ones would you recommend? I don't need FULL on racing ones as I doubt this car will see the track but would like to upgrade to a better maybe cross-drilled or slotted rotor?

I have only used BREMBO on past cars but know they are pricey!

Thanks for the help on this!!

Jim Lauterbach
supergrin.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are just a street driver, on the cheap is important, you cannot beat the price of NAPA rotors. About $80 each.

If you do some track events just for fun, (as opposed competition)OE rotors are a good value, and last a long time. About $400 for 4.

If you want to add performance and some ****-pizzaz you can add slotted/dimpled rotors for under $580 a set of 4. Nice

If you hate the rusting centers, want the ultimate show-quality appearance, better street and rarely need roadcourse performance, Consider 2-pc slotted and drilled Eradispeeds. Under $900 at shops that start with P and end with Rack.

Want competition quality rotors? StopTech, Brembo, Baer, etc.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
If you are just a street driver, on the cheap is important, you cannot beat the price of NAPA rotors. About $80 each.

If you do some track events just for fun, (as opposed competition)OE rotors are a good value, and last a long time. About $400 for 4.

If you want to add performance and some ****-pizzaz you can add slotted/dimpled rotors for under $580 a set of 4. Nice

If you hate the rusting centers, want the ultimate show-quality appearance, better street and rarely need roadcourse performance, Consider 2-pc slotted and drilled Eradispeeds. Under $900 at shops that start with P and end with Rack.

Want competition quality rotors? StopTech, Brembo, Baer, etc.

All slotted rotors are 'noisey' vs plain. Drilled makes more noise. Slots make more DUST than plain. Min-cheese graters you see, but better stopping power as a result. And as CB sez: Viper owners in-the-know illw know yer likley a poser (or have unlimited brake budget!) with holy rotors. (Holey?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I went the poser route and I don't care if everyone knows.
laugh.gif
Got a great set of Eradispeed 2-piece cross-drilled and slotted rotors via the Partsrack. Also put on some EBC greens and painted the calipers red. The look is unbelievable. If I had a digital camera I'd post pictures, but I spent all my money on the brake upgrade.
laugh.gif

Now all I do with my free time is go in the garage and stare at my new brake setup. She sure is pretty. I have never even changed the brake pads on any car before and here I went and changed the rotors, calipers, pads, bleeded the brakes all be myself. If I only knew it was this easy I would have done it before. Only thing is brakes are a scary thing if you don't do them right and that's why I stayed away from them before.

Bad Asp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a poser too and I don't care! The Eradispeeds look great. Gotta get em broken in.That Jon guy at that P Place has the best prices around and lots of customer support, which is a rarity anymore.
Bobbo

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think it really sets the car off and makes it look even more intimidating. Looks like some serious brakes and now the calipers really stand out too. Well, except for the puny ones in the rear.

Chuck, I am undergoing treatment for my posing. Buying a little bit here and there to enhance the Viper, but adding no real performance value.
laugh.gif
I kind of feel like a ricer. Oh no!!!
Well, at least I haven't put on any fake stickers or Chinese letters.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your illness Sean. One Viper Days event will give you a remarkable start towards curing you of that embarrassing disease. And you’re in luck. Viper Days runs in Michigan every year.

smile.gif
But if your illness progresses to neon lights and meaningless Japanese characters then it’ll be too late. Unless they find a cure for AIDS by then.