Brembo GT 355mm Big Brake Kit

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any body installed this type of break on a Viper ?
Does it reduce breaking distance ?

Is this only a "decoration" ?

Reaction score
I am not sure what 355mm equates to in inches, but I can tell you that the Brembo upgrade I did on my 97 GTS helped.
If you have a Viper with 17" wheels, you are limited to rotor size. Frankly, there are many good systems out there. Except for late model ABS, there is practically nothing that is going to work great. You may fix the fade issue, but Vipers are prone to front brake lockup regardless of what non ABS system you run.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
355mm is 14".

Brembo and StopTech are VERY similar.

I have 14" StopTech (front only) on my 02 GTS. It stops a little better than stock, but the main thing is much less pad wear, much less fade.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see.

So basically the break upgrade is either for look or for racing but won't emprove breaking for daily use.

You saved me just 3000$ !

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. I have the front 13" Stoptechs on my 97 GTS and they significantly improve braking, particulary on the street as the bias is improved and I am much less likely to lock the fronts with a panic stop. I think those with stock ABS like jrkermode notice much less improvement. Your 2000 has no ABS and should respond well to a Stoptech front brake setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang