Broken transmission mount upgrade and motor mounts while I'm at it.

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While upgrading to a ROE and headers among other things I noticed that my engine mount brackets were bent. Minor front end damage I was told by the 2nd previous owner. Minor damage doesn't bend engine mounts. Anyway while upgrading with the headers off I thought to upgrade the mounts and the engine mount brackets. I ordered the transmission one as well. In for a penny in for a pound.

Removal was straight forward. Basic hand tools. Having the liners and exhaust off make this quite simple. Decide for yourself at which stage you want to upgrade. While they are out they are soooo much easier. The transmission mount was a surprise to me as it was completely detached. Shifting was adequate but now that it is repaired I'm sure it will be nicer now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Those were the before pics to show the damaged and broken mounts. Now on to the good stuff.

Everything was easy when you have the liners, headers, etc... removed. I did notice that on the transmission cross member that a longer bolt was needed for the additional thickness of the aftermarket cross member. If you leave the stock cross member the supplied bolt will work just fine. When I replaced the engine mount brackets I noticed that the engine did sit in it's proper location. You have to love previous repairs when they don't feel that changing $18 motor mount brackets is necessary.

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant help thinking what the rear diff might look like ? the movement must have gone all the way back there or?

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems fine. No damage that I saw. There is play in the driveshaft/yoke so allows it to move back and forth anyway. Just a bunch of things that they couldn't be bothered to repair. Lucky for me I own a collision repair shop so everything that needs attention will get it. Just surprising what people will try to pawn off as a repair and then sell it on down the line. Fix it right or don't fix it at all.