brought my new 1998 gts to dodge for service need advice

bmw1952

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought a 1998 gts red with silver stripes from florida and brought the monster to NJ. the car is amazing and wanted to bring it to local 5 star dodge dealership to service it. this car is the most aggressive viper i have ever seen it has koni shocks and eibach springs, corsa exhaust, ram air intake, fluydine aluminum radiator, and black a red leather interior with a short shifter. the car sits really low and has the loudest exhaust i have ever heard. they changed all the fluids and found a few leaks which are some gaskets in the engine. its costing me about 2200 to service and change all the gaskets. the mechanic said that he thinks the car has cams in it. car is too fast for just an exhaust and intake. how can i find out what cams are in it

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds like the '98 that I used to have. I have most of the sevice records that the previous owner had, I think. I traded with Eric Lee and he sent my trade to Sarasota. It had vinyl stripes and sat REAL low to the ground. It had a Billy Boat exhaust that was REAL loud. The car had 28,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. There was no engine work done to it that I knew.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What 5 Star NJ dealer is handling this for you?
And how fast can you get it OUT of there and to Tators Dodge? I had my engine misdiagnosed when I had an oil leak and Chuck found the problem instantly and it didn't require tearing the engine down. If you have a '98 check your timing chain cover for an oil leak.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and consider what Scott and John suggested. Tator = usurpassed knowledge & peace of mind... :usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet its warnock.

""the car has cams in it""..im SURE it does.. :)

you are way to close to tator dodge to make any excuses and tell this [******] story here.

get it out of there FAST and call chuck tator asap 914-763-3136

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bmw1952, I am also in Jersey and when I bought my 96 I brought it right over to Chuck Tator's shop. It is really not far from the Tapenzee and was well worth the trip. He has a really neat shop and was very helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4