BTR Nitrous/Propane kit, what is it worth?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just made a deal to trade my 1994 Viper in and I have to take the Nitrous kit out of it. It is Tom Welch's (BTR) Nitrous plus Propane wet kit and has worked great for me. A couple weeks ago the high pressure line between the bottle and the solenoid got rubbed and I haven't bothered to replace it yet. Now that I have to take the system out and sell it separately anyway I thought I'd just see if anyone on here is interested. Make me an offer. Everything on the kit works great but it just needs a new high pressure line for NOS...the propane line is still good. It has the bottle heater, TPS switch, pressure gauges for both Nitrous and Propane, etc. I know it works great on a GEN I, I am not sure if it will work on a Gen II but if anyone is interested I'm sure Tom can tell us. I did a dyno with it when I first got it but I can't find the dyno page. It was over 600HP and even higher in torque I believe with the Nitrous spraying though if I remember correctly.

I'm going away on vacation for a couple weeks starting the day after tomorrow but when I get home at the end of March I will be taking the kit out and putting it on Ebay or something. If anyone here is interested and makes a reasonable offer that would save me having to deal with an auction. If you contact me after March 8th I won't likely respond until March 28th or so when I get home.

P.S. Now that I think about it I guess I have a pair of unused Michelin Pilot Slicks as well. 335/35/17s I believe. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this post into a garage sale!

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
How many lb. nitrous bottle? How many horse is it rated? Does $500 sound fair?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$500? What a deal that would be considering he probably paid at least $1800 for the system. I wouldn't let that setup go for under $1400.

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi trainville, here are the specs for the kit from BTR's website. That should answer your questions. I'd say if no one else makes a better offer by end of day tomorrow then I'll sell it to you for $500 US + shipping (which hopefully wouldn't be too much from Victoria). That's a pretty good deal considering it is $1800 new. But you'll have to wait until I'm back from vacation and could likely ship it to you in early April.

To be honest it might be even easier to install after being installed before because a lot of wiring and capping, etc. will already be there that doesn't have to be made from scratch. I also created my own "propane heater" from electronic heat strips that works nicely. I found you get more punch when not only the Nitrous pressure is increased from heat but also when you increase the propane pressure by heating that bottle as well. It also protects the engine from running lean by dumping in more extra fuel.

I found the web page for ordering a replacement braided line. It is on page 70 of this pdf file http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/NOS(51-77).pdf . Until I take the system out I won't know exactly how long the cable that needs replacing is or whether it is even broken or simply disconnected. But at least you know it is easy enough to reorder. It looks like from this other site http://mpsracing.com/Comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10043 that it would cost about $40 for that line.

Send me an email if you have any other questions.

Quoted from BTR web page.

"All of our Nitrous Solutions kits use the Nitrous Oxide Systems brand basic platform. This basic kit has far superior features to ANY other kit on the market for your Viper. Some features of ALL of our kits are:

15-Pound Nitrous Bottle with High Flow Valve, Gauge and Blow Down adapter!
Electronic, thermostatically controlled Nitrous Bottle Heater
Bottle Blanket
Electronic Fuel Enrichment…. Our kits DO NOT use your engines fuel to supplement Nitrous injection
Electronic WOT (wide open throttle switch) activation technology
Integrated factory appearing wiring harness, with Packard style connectors
Soft Flume Fogger Injectors for optimum atomization and distribution
18-page pictorial installation manual
And more………….

NOS-Propane Injection…. For power gains up to 170 Rear Wheel Horsepower and 225 Rear Wheel Torque - $ 1,790.00

Our "bread and butter" kit…. has been proven to make over 600 RWHP and 750 RWTQ on mildly modified vipers. This Kit will put you in the 10's on stock radials! Kit includes our basic kit plus:

5 pound refillable DOT-ANSI approved propane bottle, Adapter to AN style fittings, propane pressure gauge, solenoids, jetting, braided high pressure feed lines and much more."

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know the lowest offer you receive once you get back. If the lowest offer you get is under $1200, I will buy it from you for that. You are nuts if you let it go for less than that.

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS, I guess if I was a **** I would tell ya that I received an offer for $1199!! LOL! But I'll be honest and just let it go for the best offer I get by tomorrow afternoon.

I updated my post above with the details and it looks like that braided cable would only be about $40. And like I said, I haven't even got under the car to see if it is broken or just a connector that has come apart. I'm guessing the cable is gone though. But at least the cable isn't as expensive as I thought it would be.

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99GTSACR, I should pay you a commission for that!! Don't worry VETS unless ACR is serious I'll let it go for the best "real" offer!

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give you $1,200 and pick up the shipping just let me know where to send the check and I will send you my fed Ex #. I just installed Roe's supercharger and was planning on waiting but that would be silly.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack but check out ad 7858 in the classified.

$1100 for a BTR kit, complete. If you're in San Diego you get a nearly new nitrous bottle.

Carl

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Carl, you owe me for advertising for ya! Oh well it looks like there are two guys here IEATVETS and 95RT10 that both want the kit. I'll sell mine for whatever Carl gets for his so both guys get the same deal. They are the same kit from what I can see. Mine comes with the extra jets, etc. too. Mine also comes with a custom built platform for the trunk so you can mount the bottles without drilling holes in your trunk. Of course mine needs a replacement line so I guess that makes our kits pretty much even!

I'm leaving for holidays soon so Whomever doesn't take Carl's can buy mine for the same price. I'll be back at the end of March to see who wants it.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I typo'd my post..should be anyone in San Diego can get a nearly "full" nitrous bottle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte