Bugs and other needed products...

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
I have been looking for a viper for about 3 years now and finally purchased Mastiff's 99 Blk RT/10. Coming home from Ohio, it seemed bugs were just attracted to the front. Anyone know of any good bug guts remover? I have used products in the past, and they just did not seem to work that well. Also, what other key automotive cleaning products should I be purchasing, any suggestions would be helpful. As a side note, after filling up at the gas station I almost got T-Boned by a 80+ year old clueless hag. I almost got out of the car and beat her down.....

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best,from far, (and cheapest) bug remover is hydrogen peroxide.

Just buy a bottle at your local market and pour it into a sprayer ( empty Windex bottle,etc)

Spray the bugs area and let it seat for a few minutes, you will see the bugs turn foamy white, and wipe with a towel.

Hydrogen peroxide will only attack organic matters ( skin, guts, leather,etc) but is 100% safe on paint,plastic,etc.

Luc 00GTS

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you do not even have to re-wax the area? Are you sure it will not damage the paint at all? How about any other must have products?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have Zaino Z-6. It will also take bugs off if they aren't set in. It also "deflects" alot of dust...don't know how it works, but it does. Use it on your whole car between washes and after washes. I washed mine once and purposely didn't use the Z-6 on one door...went for an hour ride and it was amazing how much more dust had stuck to that door compared to the other! Go to www.zainostore.com and read about all of their products

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wax Factory detailler works great for these Az. bugs, can't say how well it will work on the OHIO variety. :2tu:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one of the commercial products. WORTHLESS.
I sprayed multiple shots of detailer fluid on them, softening them up, and then they were gone.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the bounce method. I tried the wet dryer sheet method and the bugs came right off....it really amazed me. Not really sure how it works, but hey it does a wonderful job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas