Burned CD's in stock player

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Burned CD\'s in stock player

I tried creating a CD the other day of various songs but it won't play well in the stock CD player of my '01 Viper. Some of the songs are real staticy and other skip real bad. Has any one else had simular problems with CR-R's in their stock player?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Burned CD\'s in stock player

Try using Verbatim CD-R's... I used those in my GTS and never had an issue.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

When playing homemade CD’s consisting of converted MP3’s in my 2001 Ram, the player has great difficulty locating the beginning of a track but plays fine otherwise. Those same CD’s play perfectly in my 05 Viper.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same problem. I burned CDs that work in everything else but the Viper. Regular store bought CDs work fine, but not the ones I burn. This + & - thing *****.

AC

OP
OP
D

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score

well I bought some Verbatim CD and gave them a try. The CD worked great in my DVD player which was having problems with the other one but still doesn't work worth crap in the Viper's CD player. I always thought Alpine were good players. This is kind of annoying. Guess it's my car's way of telling me to just drive and not worry about the music.

BigWavDaV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Same for me, same Alpine deck and the Burners work about 25% of the time. When they do work, they skip or freeze, standard cd's, no problem,, sounds like time to upgrade the old system!!!

S

SUN RA KAT

I've never had a problem with CD-R's in my Viper.

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Stock Alpine system is a piece of crap. I always have problems. I need a good audio guy on Long Island, Anybody have any recommendations?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I never had any problems with Memorex or no-name el-cheapo CD-Rs used in 1) my old '95 RT/10's stock Alpine six-disk changer, 2) an aftermarket Alpine CD/MP3/etc deck in my '95, 3) the stock unit in my '00 RT/10, or the 4) Pioneer GPS nav system I put in my '00.

Perhaps either your burner or the CD-Rs you use aren't compatible with it? Its not that uncommon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32