Busted for no Front Plate

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call your DA and Sheriff and tell them that you just posted this on a worldwide forum, I'm sure they would tell you what a great idea that was.

Just called them both and they said they thought it was a ridiculous law. They also both said that they have the authority to dismiss those kind of tickets, but they did thank you for your concern.

I guess we do things differntly here in Orygun. :dunno:

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny story: jsquared and I went to Raceway Chrysler a couple weekends ago for our spring cleaning of our Vipers... before we convoyed out there, we were to meet at a local coffee shop at 8 am. At 8:05, I saw him pull up, with an unmarked cop behind him. I took a couple pictures, for him for later. After a few minutes, I drove up to him, passed him, then pulled up with the front of my car pointing towards the cop and jsquared. I then got out of my car, walked up to him and said "So whats goin on?" and he said "He's giving me a ticket for no front license plate" I then looked at my car, which is pointing in our direction.... with NO front plate.... and then I said "Gotta go!" I jumped in my car, and went home, grabbed my front plate, and threw it in the trunk. :)

Usually I have it under my passenger seat.... but I had it in my garage during the winter months. That day, from raceway, I bought the front mount plate they had in stock from parts rack and then mounted my plate on that, and shoved it back in my trunk. If I ever get pulled over, I'll just say "Oh, I take it off when i'm in the store, let me grab it."

jsquared's ticket was ripped up a few hours later after he showed his front plate mount.

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a speeding ticket on the L.I.E. a State trooper with LTI-Ultralyte laser. He shot me from the front coming over a hill. Wrote me 100 in a 55, after 4 trips with a attorney to court got a plea deal, still have my license . So he had to see there was no front plate. Al said I was lucky ,my speed might have been a little higher, and no ticket for the missing front plate. L.I.E. exit 70 see the Yellow sign 4 miles till end. Slow down at the Yellow sign!! ****** laser detector 9500iX alerted but no prior warning.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a speeding ticket on the L.I.E. a State trooper with LTI-Ultralyte laser. He shot me from the front coming over a hill. Wrote me 100 in a 55, after 4 trips with a attorney to court got a plea deal, still have my license . So he had to see there was no front plate. Al said I was lucky ,my speed might have been a little higher, and no ticket for the missing front plate. L.I.E. exit 70 see the Yellow sign 4 miles till end. Slow down at the Yellow sign!! ****** laser detector 9500iX alerted but no prior warning.

Exactly 2 years ago I got pulled over at 1am on the highway by an undercover blue mustang.. kinda mad my viper was being pulled over by a mustang.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was doing about 120mph in reality, but my ticket was written for 100-110mph estimated, he didn't get me with a laser. I also have a pretty good radar detector(Passport 9500i), which didn't go off because the cop didn't have his detector on apparently. Regardless, my ticket was $385.

One of my good friend's dad is captain of haverhill police in my home town, and I tried getting him to dismiss the ticket, which he tried and basically told me he couldn't do anything about it after talking to a few people. He said, my only fight would be to just admit I was speeding and that I was wrong in hopes of them lowering the ticket from me being honest, but he told me most likely it wouldn't get reduced anyway lol so I just paid it.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were smart, they would be better off tripling or quadrupauling the regular speeding fine at those speeds as opposed to adding points to ones license, etc. It gets the same point across to people and will still get them to slow down without all the court hassle.

Our entire police ticketing system needs an complete overhaul.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly 2 years ago I got pulled over at 1am on the highway by an undercover blue mustang.. kinda mad my viper was being pulled over by a mustang.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was doing about 120mph in reality, but my ticket was written for 100-110mph estimated, he didn't get me with a laser. I also have a pretty good radar detector(Passport 9500i), which didn't go off because the cop didn't have his detector on apparently. Regardless, my ticket was $385.

One of my good friend's dad is captain of haverhill police in my home town, and I tried getting him to dismiss the ticket, which he tried and basically told me he couldn't do anything about it after talking to a few people. He said, my only fight would be to just admit I was speeding and that I was wrong in hopes of them lowering the ticket from me being honest, but he told me most likely it wouldn't get reduced anyway lol so I just paid it.

wow, that reminds me of many years ago(dont ask how many) I was pulled over by a state trooper in my 1967 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII ( I had it for 30 years) and he was very upset..he made me get out and sit in the back seat of his Ford 4 dr sedan ( with the police interceptor package) and I was wondering what he was writing me up for ( back the then was a national speed limit of 55mph). He handed back a ticket and said "My car tops out at 110 and you were going a lot faster..I couldn't catch you..why did you slow down?" The ticket ..which I still have,says 110+ ...is that legal to have an untimed estimate? idk .
I thought I was gonna lose my license ....BUT...I got lucky...I knew someone and got the ticket fixed...I am still ashamed of this:nono:

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they were smart, they would be better off tripling or quadrupauling the regular speeding fine at those speeds as opposed to adding points to ones license, etc. It gets the same point across to people and will still get them to slow down without all the court hassle.

Our entire police ticketing system needs an complete overhaul.

so it wouldn't hurt a rich driver at all if caught speeding?
UK system of 3pts at a time up til 12pts equalling ban does the job pretty well...there are fewer ways round it now, but if we just had to pay every time, sure many more would be hoofing it on the road without a care

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was watching a show about the German Autobahn and they said people were ticketed based on their level of income. A wealthy man was once ticketed $20k for tailgating lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala