Buy Mopar &Viper parts to buy without hassle & being smarted off too. (JonB) Great guy. yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What venders are out there that I can get Mopar parts from and other Viper related items? I heard Chuck Tator sells these items...anybody have his phone number?

If Sean Roe is out there, can you sell any Mopar type item? I don't mind doing business with Sean Roe. He always treated me like a good customer no matter what I spent with him. I didn't feel belittled when talking to him either.

I could use some suggestions. My previous person I used to use I don't care to use anymore. I'm sure there are others who know what I am talking about. I need to find an alternative person to use. Having a choice is good.

I Just want to buy parts here and there without hassle and being insulted.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try the Sponsors page on the VCA Home Page.
http://www.viperclub.org/sponsors.html

You will find Chuck Tator/Tator Dodge (914-763-3136), Parts Rack, Bill Pemberton Woodhouse Dodge (402-426-4127), Dan Cragin (310-395-1314), Buenher Dodge (sp?), Roanoke Dodge, Snake-Oyl Products (608-849-9878), Sean Roe, TNT, Dilusi and others all on this site. By far not a complete list.

I recently bought some accessories from Alvin Dodge (281-388-1717)and got good price and service there as well.

Hope this helps.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on first person experience with more than one supplier, Chuck's THE man when it comes to new parts, straight up info, and a great attitude.

I may be able to help you source used parts. That's what we do.
Aloha

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE DEALT WITH SEAN ROE AND CHUCK TATOR , THEY ARE BOTH 1ST CLASS. THEY ARE FRIENDLY, WILLING TO GIVE HONEST ADVICE AND HAVE EXCELLENT SERVICE. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG DEALING WITH THEM. THEIR PRICES ARE VERY COMPETITIVE.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I will have to give these guys my business and I'm sure they won't have an attitude like I owe them something. I guess having a celeb on your page gives some people a god like attitude.
but anyways "thanks for your inquires".

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. Interesting post. It couldn't be Hennessey, maybe it's...oh well.

Chuck Tator has been dealing straight with me as does Sean Roe. Haven't tried Cragin, Woodhouse or some of the others but have heard all good things about them.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man! oh man! I can't believe all the e-mails I got on this about JonB. I had no idea how many people he has ********** with his junk yard attitude. Maybe I will let the secret out about why so many people "write Praises" about him.

I appreciate all the people who e-mailed me with other vendors with deep discounts for my needs. I have written all the numbers down for future shopping needs. I may get bashed by some here who are followers of this guy, but at this point I really don't care. I'm not sure if I'm the first person to come out and say this, but I know I speak for a lot of people here who feel the same way..

JonB if you are reading this, I will give you back the used rear brake pads you gave me PLUS I will also give you my fronts too! For Free (Bonus!)

Now we are even and you can't say "I owe" you. So since we are even, that means thatyou can't ask me to write praises about you on the board or have to listen to you bash other people who sell against you. It's good to be free from this. I'm sure a lot of people know what I am talking about. I know you will not go out of business from me not buying things from you, but at lease I have the satisfaction that I had the guts to talk about this. Oh, by the way...the wing I bought from you for $2500 was a to secret deal and I got the best possible dealer's price so you say..?? On your site the price is posted lower! I guess I got the "Asian Man's" deal huh? Not the Jay Leno deal? Well anyways..good for you...you got me good...and I'm sure on other parts too. Show's how stupid I am, just call me Hop Sing!! I bought air box clips from a chevy dealer for $2.00 and you charged $3.00 plus $4.00 handling. Another Asian Man Deal! Don't you all wish you were Asian so you could get the best deal! heh! (No offense to Asians. I personally take no offence on that comment). Sell away JonB..only thing is I'm not buying!

I hope the moderators don't delete this post.
Disclaimer: The Asian part of it is just my portion to add humor. nothing more.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
You think the Asian deal is bad? I paid $2,800 for the same wing! I must've gotten the Irish deal.
laugh.gif

Jake654321

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gotten advise from Chuck Tater on brake pads. Didn't buy anything, he didn't try to sell me anything. Treated me first class. Any parts I buy, I'll buy from him.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, If he makes $ 1.00 on air box clips and another couple of bucks on shipping so what? He is not entitled to make money or what? My time is money and if someone saves me a trip to the dealer, I am glad to pay for it. Now, if you got "used" brake shoes when you thought you were getting "new" that is a completly different story..................
Mike

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB,
You can reach the Viper Wizard AKA Chuck Tator @ 914-763-3136.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought parts from Jon B with great results and NO ATTITUDE but helpfulness! I have bought 2 1/2 Vipers from
Chuck (AKA Viper Wizard) and HE HAS NOT LET ME DOWN! I don't know what the cercumstances of this situation are but I think both guys are great to deal with in my experience anyway!

Best of luck,

2Charmed

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike L:
Personally, If he makes $ 1.00 on air box clips and another couple of bucks on shipping so what? He is not entitled to make money or what<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course he is entitled, but there is a very fine line between profiting and gouging. I have no malice towards the man (having called up only once to inquire about a wing) he has done me no wrong yet.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Adam,

1) Sorry if I offended you somehow, but:

2) When you bought the wing, the former owner was very much in charge of pricing. I lowered almost all prices when I bought PartsRack. Wings are very low, off-season. And I also sent you some follow up stuff for cost/free since then. {CHUCK?!} Please recall all the credit payment shall we say 'inconsistencies' you put me thru then?

3) When you called last week to buy a "teardown" Service Manual, I asked if you were a VCA member. You said yes. So, I directed you to the VCA benefit of manuals at cost where you can buy at my cost, and get it faster. You agreed. I fully explained what manuals are available there. I'm trying NOT to profit on this VCA member option, but refer / reveal them.

4) You called last nite {at 734pm my time!} and I apologized for having the computer off and phones forwarded. You then 'reveal' you are NOT a VCA member after all, and want to order the manual.
I again give you the toll-free # to buy direct and save time.

5) As far as junkyard attitude: You are the only person to EVER ask to buy used brake pads! (new are $79) So I sent a set to you FREE from my own take--offs. Who has a junk attitude?

6) You wanted an MGW knob a few minutes later. I asked you to buy it off the MGW or PartsRack website, or call me today. You said "PartsRack Is Cheaper" and I asked you to use my website!

Yes, I admit being short with you and I explained I had just had another 13 hour day. During dinner time, I just could not help you !!!! I stated that if the Web and Chryler publications could not get it done, to call me. Others alerted me to your angry post.

7) I have given away far more airbox clips and sill plugs than I have sold! Priority mail $3.50 - $3.95, padded envelope .50 = $4. Sheesh. I think I will raise my mimimum s/h to $6. Thanks for the idea.

I repeat an apology for being abrupt and short at day's end. No excuses. Im Sorry. I would hope that you see my INTENT was to get you into a manual for $66 and not $89. Dan Vargus (and I) thank you for your past business. I thank others for their future business. Sorry I lost yours.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but making a buck or 2 on airbox clips (admittedly a $3 item from your local Dodge dealer) when a person MAY have to make several long distance phone calls to locate a deler with them in stock, have the dealer set up an account, ship the parts quickly, etc, etc. is NOTHING - some companies have a minimum order quantity or order $$$ so that they can make sure the time is worth their while. SO, while hte PERCENTAGE of profit is high, no one is getting rich off airbox clips. (How much do any of you charge your customers either per hour or on each order? Or do you not even deal with an order so small???)

Also, sometimes, as a dealer orders larger quantities and suppliers can make larger runs, the costs go DOWN - it doesn't necessarily mean anyone was ripped off - remember when catback exhausts were around $2K??? Maybe the wing manufacturer under the pressure of competition or being able to run higher volume has had a price DECREASE? Anyone check THAT out????

And, if I remember correctly, Jon sent Adam a used set of brake pads for free to help him out short term....

PLEASE if you are going to post a complaint, please stick to the facts - and not just innuendo.

{EDIT} - Just read Tony's post and Jon's update - If anyone lies about being a VCA member in order to get a benefit published HERE - especially someone who uses and benefits from this site as much as you do - that's a real piss poor way to do business. Quit acting like everyone owes you something - and join the VCA or be gone. MY OPIONION...

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I also have worked with Jon, Chuck and for that matter Sean and found all of them very informed, likable and honest. I find it very difficult to decide which one to order a part from if it is something that they all carry. I in fact try to spread my business between them in an effort to support them all. I consider them (and others) a valuable asset to the Viper community.

That said, it's just smart business to do <u>your</u> research and establish the lowest price for an item. At that point perhaps you can justify intentionally paying slightly more IF you feel that the service a particular vendor justifies the added expense. I know it's happened for me. Sure I want the best price, but I won't spend an hour on the phone with Jon, Chuck or Sean and then order from someone else because he was $20.00 cheaper. I also have no problem telling any one of them where they need to be to make the deal happen.

</FONT f>

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know why I have not shopped around for parts after I first purchased parts from JonB. Knowledge like JonB has acquired (and others) has been invaluable to me after I purchased a 94 rt/10 that need work. He has spent time on numerous occasions helping me decide what I should and should not do. "You won't need a skip shift eliminator once you have had the car for awhile." This was only the first money savings. JonB could have easily sold me that and more that I later found out I might not have needed. I am very happy with all of the service I have received. Did I mention the overnight FedEx from JonB to get me back on the road prior to a vacation with my better half...........

if it fits on or in a Viper, PartsRack has it! or will provide you guidance where to get it!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is crazy. I guess this is how JonB manipulates things.

I told JonB last night that I WAS NOT a VCA Memeber and I would be WILLING to pay full price. I have NEVER SAID I was a VCA Memeber. I do attend local VCA events and also pay dues while I am there. I have faxed my application out already. (FAXED with my credit card number). I told JonB that I wanted to get the manual and other parts from him as soon as possible and was not wanting the VCA discount since it would be a while. I would pay full price. He was rude and said he didn't have time to deal with it. I've bought a 1994 manual at full price from him in the past with no problems. Who ever does the application...check out mine.

As far as the air clips, that was with another order I placed with him for some EBC Greens so it was a multi order. JonB did give me some brakes for free (used rears and I needed some to tide me over til I decided what I was going to do my my 1994 Viper.) Yes he was KIND to do that, but has not let it go since. SO I WILL send him a set of used rear brakes back with some used fronts too with many miles left on it. So for his investment, he will get double back.

JonB Wrote:

Adam,
1) Sorry if I offended you somehow, but:

2) When you bought the wing, a former owner was in charge of prices. I lowered almost all prices when I bought PartsRack. And I sent you some follow up stuff for cost/free since then. Please recall all the credit payment shall we say 'inconsistencies' you put me thru then.

My Answer: JonB, It's not my fault that your credit card machine doesn't work. But anyways..take a shot. I can take it.

3) When you called last week to buy the Service Manual, I asked if you were a VCA member. You said yes. So, I directed you to the VCA BENEFIT and VCA bookstore, where you can buy at my cost, and get it faster. You agreed. I'm trying NOT to profit on this VCA member option, but refer / reveal them.

MY answer: I NEVER said "Yes". I said I sent my stuff in to become one. I told you I would order it through the site when I got my number. I called you later and then asked if I could just buy it with out discount and could not wait til my appl got approved. Please don't twist my words around. You were still rude and short. Chaulk it up to you having a bad day.

4) You called last nite {at 734pm my time!} and I apologize for having the computer off and phones forwarded. You 'reveal' you are NOT a VCA member after all, and want to order the manual.
I again give you the toll-free # to buy direct and save time.

My answer: again, another lie. I said my application was in and could not wait for it. I had another order I wanted to put in that you had advertised on your site, you said go buy it else where cause you didn't have time for it. You advertised it for $69..I think and the other place adv it for $89.00, so I thought I would get it through you. I told you I could call you in the morning since you were leaving. You said not worth it. I didn't want to argue and said okay.

5) As far as junkyard attitude: You are the only person to EVER ask to buy used brake pads. (new are $79) So I sent a set to you FREE from my own take--offs. Who has a junk attitude?

Answer: I guess I do. You are right. That's what you like to hear from your followers right?

6) You wanted an MGW knob at 745pm, and I asked you to buy it off the MGW or PartsRack website, or call me today. Yes, I admit being short with you and I explained I had just had another 13 hour day. At 735pm, during dinner, I just could not help you !!!! I stated that if the Web and Chryler publications could not get it don, to call me. Others alerted me to your post.

Answer: You never said that. You just wanted me to go away which I did.

I repeat an apology for being abrupt and short at day's end. I would hope that you see my INTENT was to get you a manual for $66 and not $89. Dan Vargus (and I) thank you for your past business. I thank you for possible future business, especially during business hours.

My answer: You did not apologize. I apologized for calling so late, but I'm in a different time zone. I have custoemrs that call me up all the time and if I don't want to talk at that time, I let them leave a message. Pretty simple. Don't answer. If a customer does call and I can't help them, I call them back instead of ignoring them. You seem to reply to me pretty quickly when cash is in hand.

As far as Janni and Tony..I have no beef with you, but I understand your loyalty to JonB and I hope he continues to treat you well. Where does it state on this board that you have to be a VCA memeber to ask questions. If I recall there are plenty of people who don't have Vipers here that ask questions. I see no big deal in that. Maybe there should be just a section for VCA memebers.

I'm not here to argue, just point out some stuff that had happened. People can believe what they want and who they want, but I have to hand it to JonB, he does know his stuff and has his followers. I chose not to be one and if that makes me an outcast even when I get my VCA memeber's number, then so be it. All I want to do is enjoy my Viper and drive it and fix it when it needs to be. I don't know everything about the viper so I ask questions. I guess that makes me a sponge. I rather be a sponge, but one thing is, I'M A SPONGE WITH A BACKBONE.

Kick me off this board if you must and I expected to be a dart board when I posted this, but at the sametime, I have many e-mails telling me that it was about time someone exposed some of this "God like behavior" of this Man.

I was wrong for calling JonB a junkyard man, but I am not sorry for writing this either. I guess since I will be an "official VCA memeber" this is my welcome. Thanks!

My bullseye is on my chest..so shoot away! JonB, say what you will.

Disclaimer: JonB has always delivered what I paid for. So as far as not getting my stuff, this is not what it is about. You can't please everyone I guess...jonb should know.

okay, I'm done explaining myself and the rest of the comments are fine for entertainment or information I guess.

For the many e-mails to the Alternative suppliers, thanks for your help and kind words of encouragements.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
What venders are out there that I can get Mopar parts from and other Viper related items? I heard Chuck Tator sells these items...anybody have his phone number?

If Sean Roe is out there, can you sell any Mopar type item? I don't mind doing business with Sean Roe. He always treated me like a good customer no matter what I spent with him. I didn't feel belittled when talking to him either.

I could use some suggestions. My previous person I used to use I don't care to use anymore. I'm sure there are others who know what I am talking about. I need to find an alternative person to use. Having a choice is good.

I Just want to buy parts here and there without hassle and being insulted.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARE YOU KIDDING? I WAS ABOUT TO PLACE AN ORDER. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING BAD ABOUT PARTS RACK. WHAT HAPPENED AB? WELL MAYBE I'LL JUST READ THE WHOLE THREAD......

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:

"There's no business in new business but in repeat business".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was "There's no business like show business."

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
ARE YOU KIDDING? I WAS ABOUT TO PLACE AN ORDER.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make sure you ask for that Asian discount. 'Could've saved me a few hundred.

Now, where'd I set my pint of Guiness???

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan,

ab has a disclaimer where he says the asian thing was only for humor. I still don't agree with it's final use, because it leads me to believe that Jon was discriminatory, just like it lead you to believe that ab was mistreated because of his race. Being asian myself, I am very sensitive to these things.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woohoo, Tony you should be the "junkyard dog", remind me not to get on your bad side. That aside sounds like there are some thin skins on this thread. You don't like the way you're spoken to, HANG UP, don't whine. It is your job as a consumer to FIND the best deal. JonB is the first person I call when I need a Viper related part, why you say? Because he knows what he is talking about and usually gives me a very good price. I have given him $1,000s in business, I've also found better deals and went elsewhere and spent $1,000s. This is NOT HMS he is a hard working one man show trying to make a living like all of us, my first question to him everytime I call is "are you on the phone with someone" if he is I call back, if not we do business. I don't think it appropriate that this threat was posted, you have a bad experience go elsewhere, and JonB I feel slighted that I never get the full range of emotion also, I got your back.

Sincerely member #11422.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB, no one is going to "target" you because you brought up an issue, that ain't what the VCA is about. Look at the bright side, for years Marc Lubin has been attacked by all the Hennessey supporters, but today he looks very smart!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB,

You know...you may be right. I do recall an earlier phone call with JonB that started out kinda weird...after answering his phone "PartsRack...this is JonB" he immediately followed that up with "you are getting very,very sleepy....your eyes are getting heavy...I am now going to count backwards from 5...at 5 you will fall into a deep sleep...at 4 you will take out your wallet and address all your checks to me...at 3 you will sign each check with your name...at 2 you will memo the check with "If it fits on or in a Viper...PartsRack probably has it"(might as well advertise at the bank)...at 1 you will awaken refreshed and feeling good about what you have just done."
Yep...that's how it happened...

No Flame Intended...Just Observation from a "loyal follower",

CStegall

P.S. Hey Jon..I still have all these checks written to PartsRack...and you haven't tried to sell me anything for quite a while...what's the deal...you goin' honest on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4