Buying 2000 rt-10 from dealer, worried, need help fast!!!

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am by no means an expert on Vipers (I just bought mine about a month ago from Tempe Dodge), but I would be glad to take a look at it for you. Just let me know. I live in Peoria which is a suburb of Phoenix.

Jim

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) If it is BILL LUKE DODGE in PHX, you can trust them

2) My only concern would be a MY-2000 BUILD DATE, prior to 10/26/99. Those motors are usually very troublesome.

3) D-C being the only owner is the usual M.O. of promotional cars. May be a low vin, and an early build. May have been a movie studio.

4) If D-C were the 2nd owner, it could be a BUYBACK (lemon law or other) and may have had probs, but this fact MUST BE disclosed by the dealer by Federal law.

AZ Marv Spatz is a good guy, MARV??????????

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you find the exact build date- on the driver's side door it only shows the month and year
confused.gif

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are suppliers of Exotic Cars for the major film studios...

Be very careful!!!

If the car was used for stunts or other on camera hi-performance shots,there could be 500 miles of driving at REDLINE then sitting idling for hours in the sun!!MOST STUNT GUYS DONT GIVE A SH*T ABOUT THE PICTURE CARS!

I watched them wreck 3 F-355 FERRARIS on a music video for no reason! Just practicing slides the cameras were not rolling!!

We have seen cars with only 150-200 real miles on the odometer but all 4 tires are bald and the brakes and clucth are shot!!

Imagine take after take of a viper being slid sideways and then doing hugh burnouts in every other shot!

Next time you watch a chase scene check for the skid marks from the previous takes.. You may be surprized to see the street is black with lots of rubber stripes!!

There also could be lots of minor damage from camera mounts or rigging..Sometimes they will weld tabs on the frame for tow bar shots and cut them off later.

AZVIPERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ocarguy,

Like JonB said, if its at Bill Luke Dodge you should be fine. I purchased my Viper there along with many other vehicles. Where ever the car is, have Eddie Martin, the Viper Tech at Bill Luke,look over the car before you do anything. He is honest and the best Viper Tech in the valley. If you need his number or any help, feel free to email me. He has my car as we speak.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXECMALIBU, right on it.

I thought the same thing. "Dealer" cars with mileage are normally run VERY hard. It's not their car.

I would rather buy a used car with 8k miles on it from the original owner compared to a new car with 200 miles on it from a dealer. Hey I know, I used to be a mechanic.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing you didn't mention is the price. If you aren't saving that much over market, why take the risk? There are plenty of other cars around that you can check the pedigree. Tony Estes the National VCA pres. is in AZ. He can probably recommend someone to check the car. Also Marv Spatz and Frank Parese from the AZ chapter are great resources. What dealer is selling you the car?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXECMALIBU,
your so right.
i was just watching a video on MTV and the guys were sitting ont the hood of the ferrari!!!
I was like what the *^*()^*(^ is he doing to that car!!!
You don't sit on the hood of car like that!!!
pissed.gif

I did not even think of the other abuse they (rap stars)
dish out on these cars.

JIM