C6 looks like SRT 10 latest spy pics!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, that's the proof cubing (body panel fit) for the C6. I saw the headlights somewhere else. They are body colored so maybe it will look a little different with them installed. As it is, it's a bland SRT-10. Smaller side gills, no hood scoop, boring tail.....yawn.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, GM when to the '68-'72 "Sark Body Corvettes for inspiration, NOT the SRT-10 Viper.

Look at the fender lines, it screams C3 Vette NOT Gen III Viper.

You must be registered for see images

Speaking of originallity, I wonder where Dodge stole the SRT-10 rims from???

Can you say Z06?? :D

556.jpg

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a Viper to me...

Thye only thing I see is the headlights, then again it's "supposed" to have the C5R headlights.

Both the SRT-10 and C6 have similar fenders, but they could have easily came from the C3. GM said the lines of the C6 were to be "Shark-like".

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks more "Viper-like" until you reach the back end...
The Nose,hood and fender creases fit the new SRT design to a "T".
As for the rear end...just doesn't do it for me.

VetteC5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics are C6's ... but the pics are from July, the EXIF info states that.

Over on the CorvetteForum ... people see resemblance to the SRT/10, RX-8, and S2000 ... but in one way or another ... all of the cars have similarities ...

When the SRT/10 came out, I thought it looked like the S2000's bigger older brother ... but after seeing it in person, it is a much different story. I bet the same is true for the C6.

The C6 seems to have followed the trend in sports car design these days ... just look that these pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

All of the pics have similarities, they all have similar shaped headlights, with foglights below and a large front intake. All of the hoods are flat and wide, the SRT/10 has the inlet, the C6 has the ****, RX-8 has the V shape ... they are all great cars ... with similar ... but at the same time UNIQUE styling.

The SRT/10, has more aggressive body lines and a side exhaust, along with the front hood inlet.

The S2000 ... well ... its a Honda ... so it has the clean flat surfaces ...

The RX-8, its all Mazda, it has the V shaped hood, square front intake, and lower intake ...

The C6... it has the narrow wide front inlet, rear exhaust, bump in the hood ...

Each has it's positives and negatives, the USA cars have the edge in power and performance, but the ***'s outsell the USA cars(i think).

Simply put ... this is a great time for American Sports Cars ...

in 2004 ...

Corvette C6
Ford Mustang
Ford GT

in 2005 ...
Corvette C6 Z06
Viper Coupe

All of which enter the market with ungodly amounts of horsepower ...400+ in every case ... which to anyone is a good amount of HP in a light sports car package...

..with the C6 Z06 hoping to run with the Viper Coupes ... it gives Dodge a reason to bump up the power in 2005 or 2006 ... and that bump gives GM a reason to do the same ...

All in all ... "Car Guys" need to stick together ... many Viper owners were/are Vette owners, many Vette owners were/are Viper owners ... so the competition is set ... Chevy and Dodge are going to sell big HP sports cars to the public ... Chevy wanting to sell 30K+ units .. and Dodge 2K+ units a year ... but in the end ... we are all driving one of the Worlds Best Sports Cars ... be it Viper or Vette ... :headbang:

Sorry about the RANT ... but it is the way I see it ...

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.

I didn't think I could hate a rear design much more than the C5 butt, however they've taken care of that if this is the real Mccoy...

Huh.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's what's so wonderful about the real viper, there is no doubt what a gen I or gen II is. With the disaster of the gen III styling, it's just like every other car on the road. What a shame. Hopefully the CC will bring back the glory days of the Viper.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cratica;

Opinions will vary. I have owned 2 RT-10's and now an SRT-10. I love the looks of the SRT! I find the SRT superior in every aspect of the driving experience.

Sure, I loved the GEN II. The Gen II just had to have a re-design to go to the next performance level. According to the published handling stats, PVO found success.

To each his own, I say!

Jim

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its hard to come up with unique designs when we all live on the same planet and look at the same things.

From the above pictures, come up with a good looking, new style for a front engine outboard headlight, 4 wheels, etc.

Were out of design ideas because of DOT requirements and the fact that a car, no matter how you slice it provides transportation with foward motion. In 100 years you will run out of designs that will work safely and look good while sticking to the above criteria.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its hard to come up with unique designs when we all live on the same planet and look at the same things.

BS. Look at the Lexus in the movie Minority report. It IS possible to come up with NEW styles that most people like. The C6 above has the exact same cues as the SRT. Side vent, same angle only smaller, hood dome - same shape but smaller, front air intake.....I see a pattern. The fenders could almost be interchanged! DOT has nothing to do with style. Park a Honda Civic Si beside a Lamborghini Murcielago. Chevy didn't have to make such a clone to its big brother. The styling of the SRT was finalized and released way back in early 2001.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This can't be a new C6, there are no tires or rims. It has to be the new GM Hovercraft. Let's see, does a Hovercraft blow or does it ****, I can't remember my Hovercraft physics?

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the view forward over the fenders of the SRT-10 looked remarkably like the view over the fenders of my 1970 Corvette Convert, so it doesn't surprise me that the front of the SRT and C6 would look similar if the C3 was supposed to be the inspiration.

I do think the rear view is truly bad, though. They might want to go back to the C3 for that aspect as well, as that was a truly good looking rear end.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C4 had a nice looking rear section. The C5 looks like someone filled a C4 with Jello and ran it backwards into a wall. The C6....they backed it into the wall twice. Hovercrafts **** from the top and blow out the bottom.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's what's so wonderful about the real viper, there is no doubt what a gen I or gen II is. With the disaster of the gen III styling, it's just like every other car on the road. What a shame. Hopefully the CC will bring back the glory days of the Viper.

Look at most TVR's, and you'll see quite a few cars that resemble the clown shoe.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C4 had a nice looking rear section. The C5 looks like someone filled a C4 with Jello and ran it backwards into a wall. The C6....they backed it into the wall twice. Hovercrafts **** from the top and blow out the bottom.

lmao!

Well said.

...and there was much agreeing...

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

look familiar?
Yeah they both have 4 tires. Give me a freaking break!!! Just because your upset you spent your money on a SRT-Vette oops I mean a SRT-10 instead of a GTS.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a freaking break!!! Just because your upset you spent your money on a SRT-Vette oops I mean a SRT-10 instead of a GTS.
Give me a freaking break!!! Just because you're upset you spent your money on a GTS-Stingray oops I mean a GTS instead of an SRT-10.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me a freaking break!!! Just because your upset you spent your money on a SRT-Vette oops I mean a SRT-10 instead of a GTS.
Give me a freaking break!!! Just because you're upset you spent your money on a GTS-Stingray oops I mean a GTS instead of an SRT-10.
Hey Fluffy get back to me when you own a Viper. Until then zip it!!!

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yessa ***** I surely will. I'm surprised you didn't accuse me of owning or secretly lusting after a corvette (the horror!).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang