C6 looks like SRT 10 latest spy pics!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friendly aren't we... did I say anything to knock vipers? Nah I didn't.

Well yes you did. To quote you said: "It runs 115 mph in the quarter (high 11 territory if I could hook) and will run around a road crourse as fast or faster than a GTS."

So saying your Z06 is quicker/better handling than a Viper is not knocking it. Then what would it be a compliment???

BTW to think you are going to knock a second off your et is asking a bit much. There would also be many takers if you think you could keep up with a Viper around a road track (assuming you mean something bigger than a parking lot).

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all I'm not talking about an SRT

Not to get into a ******* contest with you guys... BUT I never said it was quicker (a viper w/ tires will run mid 11's) Take a look at many time slips posted at the various vette forums. A z06 w/ drag radials will run mid to high 11's in good air w/ good driving. One guy just ran 11.8 @ 119 mph w/ a bone stock '03Z and had the slip to prove it.

As for handling the Z is 300 pounds lighter than a Viper, has a stiffer chassis, and has a better f/r weight balance. W/ equal drivers a Z will beat a viper around a race track once you make up the power difference. It all comes down to driver skill. Just because you can buy a viper doesn't mean you can drive it worth a crap.

All that being said I'd love to have a yellow GTS, but I dont' have 60,000 to blow.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion comes from the real world, not this section of the forum where obviously there are biased opinions. I'm talking about where there are no biased opinions, just personal expression.

My opinion comes from speaking to several real viper owners who had multiple SRT vouchers. Each of these people I spoke to and know personally sold each and every one of their SRT's because they didn't like the styling. One person I spoke to had many SRT's (I believe he said 6) and sold them all. He still has his GTS of course and his supras and his corvettes, but was not at all impressed with the styling of the SRT so he sold them to try and make profit but was having a hard time pushing them.

My opinion comes from my co-workers all of which have corvettes, one viper (GTS), Porsches, mitsu 3000's, etc.. Each and every one (EVERY one) has expressed their opinion and it's documented in email form from many discussions about it) that they were all extremely disapointed with the SRT styling. Not one said they liked the styling.

My opinion comes from discussions from relatives who appreciate cars. Same story.

My opinion comes from other viper friends of mine who have all re-acted the same way I have.

I have met ZERO, not one person that likes the styling.

Now, what other opinion could I possibly have come to??
Why would I make this up? I LOVE Vipers. I hope the more people complain about the styling that DC listens and goes back to their original vision of the viper being a leader, not follower or a car that just "blends in".

Take the Viper RT and GTS completely out of the picture, and then the SRT is a decent looking, excellent performing car.

But because of it's heritage and what it was supposed to be, it's a flop, a let down.

It's not an ugly car by any means, it's just not what it should have been.

Enuf said, you like it and you bought one, I was just expressing my opinion and again, the opinion of every single person I have met. My wife likes it but she likes my RT MUCH better. I should have mentioned that. I just don't like the SRT. It's a generic looking car. period.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion comes from the real world....
Cratica
You must be registered for see images
' going on vacation to the "real world"

Live long and prosper, my Alien friend!

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had a 1999 c5 and a 2000 gts and now a 2004 srt 10 and all i can say is that those cars were the best that i could afford at the time. A corvette to a viper is like a station wagen to a mustang. The vette was a great great sports car for the money. when you have enough cash for a viper then your in the super car class. i have a friend that just bought a svt cobra. and that thing goes 12.6's my srt with 600 miles and just 2 passes went 12.4's. yea its a great car but its still only a mustang. when i pull up to get gas i have a min 5 people running up to me to check out my car. i never had that on my vette.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Mine is that the SRT is not a flop or a letdown. It attracts MORE attention of the thumbs up variety than ANY car I've ever driven or owned. The reason I say driven is because I used to work for an exotic car dealership. It was my job (when I was a kid) to 'test' the repairs for customers by driving the cars home and back the next day to let the mechanics know if they fixed the problem. Did I get thumbs up in a red 800+ hp 930 turbo cabrio slant nose? Mystified looks yes. How about Ferraris? some. AC Cobras? yes. My other two Vipers? Hell yeah! This SRT flop? OMG. I want it to stop. Too many people with too many questions. All positive. Not a single bad comment (except the guy with the Civic who yelled 'Vipers are slow' from a crowd of ricers) Cratica, you should mellow. I too thought the styling was a letdown until I spent MUCH time looking in person. It's different than the GTS. But not really all that much, except that it's a convertible. The comp coupe IS an SRT! with a roof. Everyone loves it. Not everyone loves convertibles. The first year sold out and 2004 looks good from what I hear. As for the guy who sold 6 or is trying to...Most educated people would have realized that the Woodhouses of the world sell for fair prices and that 'trying to make a profit' would be difficult unless the buyer had NO knowledge of this site or any Viper owners.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post on here, but I check it out a bunch. Spend all my time on corvetteforum.com and z06vette.com. The new c6 is based on the styling of the c3. It just so happens that the style (high fenders w/ a low hood line) is presend in the new viper too. The vette isn't copying the srt-10 at all. It's reverse... not copying, but the srt has many similar styling cues from the old c3.

BTW I take offense to someone earlier calling a vette a piece of crap. I love vipers, but I got a Z06 for $34,000. It runs 115 mph in the quarter (high 11 territory if I could hook) and will run around a road crourse as fast or faster than a GTS.
Hey rookie you need to do your research and get back to me. A Z06 dosn't have a prayer against a GTS. That comment alone shows you spend way to much time on Z06.com you have been brain-washed my little friend. :eek:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Case and point I went to the state-wide Vette rally this pass summer. Me and another Viper buddy roll up there and low and behold a new red SRT-10 Viper was there. The "people" in charge of the rally let us park in a secured area because well...there Vipers. Of course we stole the show nobody even noticed the Vettes parked down the middle of Main St. :D Anyway both GTS received 90% of the looks easily. The funny part was when it came time to open the hoods to display the awesome Viper motor the SRT's hood looked hideous opened. The 2 awesome GTS hoods just dwarfed the SRT hood. The motor visually is even bland in the new Vipers. Not to mention the hood looks very cheap when opened compared to the other Vipers. Oh well come on SRT-Coupe!!! :headbang:

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well nobody seems to be posting these yet so...

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The maroon finished Vette looks good. Much better that I expected looking at the spy pics and panel fit proof cube. I kinda like it....Under 50K?? around 400hp? The Viper might get a little bro soon.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fluffy, thanks for the pics. The front end looks like the SRT-10. But what are the power numbers? I've heard from 388 to 405 HP. I bet its closer to 388 HP with about 450 hp for the Z06.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*shrug* I don't think anyone knows for sure, but only another 40 days until we find out. I think it will be higher than that though. I suspect 400-425 and 475-500 for the base/Z06. In fact I hope it's that much... maybe then DC will give us another 75-100 hp.

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave hill confirmed last year that the c6 will have a 6.0 ls2 v8. He also confirmed that it would have over 400 horses in stock trim. He then guaranteed that that z06 will have over 500 horses from a 6.4 liter ls7. There's a rumor floating around that a ZL-1 super vette will be produced w/ a carbon fiber body, four inches wider, and a twin turbo powertrain developed w/ the help of McLaren... one can only dream.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy must be angry about these C6 pictures....they've all disappeared. I think DC did it better, release the real deal way in advance and then let everyone suggest changes (fender peaks, higher spoiler, etc) instead of being such babies about someone actually seeing the car two months before they are ready to show it. My opinion now swings the other way Losers.

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the latest pics...

John Myrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish - If a Z0-6 doesn't have a prayer against a GTS, why did a certain popular GTS owner switch to a Z0-6 for this years Cannonball when he wanted to get another win??
(and did, by the way)

If you are referring to the One Lap of America event... I can tell you why the Corvette was chosen over the SRT-10..... Price.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vettes will never be Vipers, they can't. Viper still rule. Have have a friend who was always so proud of his '99 Vette, and he was the talk of the town. When I got my 2000 Viper, he was ********** enough, then once he drove it, he was the first to admit that it kills his vette in power performance and handling.

It will get to the point though that all cars will be similar. Aerodynamics is aerodynamics. The best shape is the best shape. No way around it.

AC

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew that's an ignorant statement... go drive a Z06. I've driven both and have to say that the viper wasn't as fast as I'd expected, still very fast and faster than the Z. Guess I had built it up in my mind. Do some research about the weight and handling chafacteristics for a Z06 then get back to me.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ignorant is coming into the Viper forum with a name like Cobra4B, owning a Vette and touting the Viper as 'not as fast as expected' and expecting cheers.....we'll get back to you when a stock Vette runs 11.77 @ 123

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew that's an ignorant statement... go drive a Z06. I've driven both and have to say that the viper wasn't as fast as I'd expected, still very fast and faster than the Z. Guess I had built it up in my mind. Do some research about the weight and handling chafacteristics for a Z06 then get back to me.
Cobra:You have a lame Z06 who here cares........That is what I thought. Go back to your little z06vette.com forum. This forum is for the Kings of the road now bye-bye. :p

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM. Andrew do I know this neighbor and is he good at saving people money on their mortgages?? hahahaha.

anyway, I must say that vette is nice. The only thing that keeps me away from them forever is the fact that you and like a million other lucky guys are lovin the corvette life with you.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Myrick - Yes, One Lap, thanks for the correction. I do not believe that price had anything to do with the choice of the Vette for the One Lap event. The engine in that car cost so much that price can't even remotely be an issue.

Ron still has the GTS he won in previously, and it even has a nice looking Autoform body on it, so it would have been less expensive to run that car rather than buying a new starting point. Ron had the Vette at one VCA autocross this year and it was a truly fast car.

Ron is in the injection molding business, and I do not know if trying to get a contract with GM might have had something to do with the change, but I know Ron would not have made the change in any case if he didn't feel he would be competitive.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Nice Freekin wheels, really set off the car better then stock.. Maybe its the stock wheels that dont do the car justice? 19 front 20 rear? Looks great.

:2tu:

1864.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang