C6 Z06s

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am totally disinterested in street racing, so have no experience with Z06s. Visiting the corvette forum, I find some folk claim they easily beat srt10s under varying racing conditions on the street. Anybody have a different view?

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1-3 is slower than a C6Z, stock for stock. Gen 4 is a bit faster.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staistically speaking I would say most of them are FOS. Vipers=limited production=not a lot on the road, also many of us won't street race and that means even less on the road to race. Vettes=see one on every corner and from some angles even look similar to a Viper. I bet its Vette owners beating other Vettes at night thinking they beat a Viper...:lmao:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As answered above, C6 Z06 is faster than any Gen 3 or older Viper. The Gen 4 Viper is a good race with a C6 Z06, but the Viper should edge it out if driving skill is comparable.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have both cars in the garage. Its not even close. ZO6 hands down is the faster car. Now Gen IV might be closer, then its a drivers fight. Love them both :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does driver matter??? Don't they just stomp on the gas and let the automatic transmission and traction control take over??? Just kidding, of course...

Z06 isn't available in automatic. Traction control makes the Corvette slower when engaged. Humor fail :)

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can GenIVs barely edge Z06s, when Gen IVs are running on par than ZR1s?????? I guess ZR1 barely edge Z06s :dunno:

Either way, all very fine vehicles.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How can GenIVs barely edge Z06s, when Gen IVs are running on par than ZR1s?????? I guess ZR1 barely edge Z06s :dunno:

Either way, all very fine vehicles.

Yep the ZR1's don't outpace the Z's by much actually. Maybe 2-4 mph through the traps.

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Check out this Tube..The ZR1 is more of the Viper's competition..not the z06

A couple of weeks ago I ran across a C6Z06 on the freeway when I was driving my 05 SRT-10. I was coming home from having it smogged so it had the stock tune in it. So my car was completely stock, and I bet the Z was too. It was black and it appeared to be new, still had the dealer plates on it. Great looking car. Made my C5 look like garbage. Against my better judgement especially having a class B license, we palyed a little bit on the freeway. The Z was able to pull away slowly. Didnt seem like much, but he definitely pulled away slowly every time.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the Z06 is faster on the street, the good news is all you need is one of these for your Viper, and you'll be making tons more power...only $14.99 too! The TORNADO!

You must be registered for see images attach

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the Z06 is faster on the street, the good news is all you need is one of these for your Viper, and you'll be making tons more power...only $14.99 too! The TORNADO!

You must be registered for see images attach

Claims up to 10 hp. I didn't believe it so I put one on each intake tube and got 20hp!!! So then I put one before the tube and one after the tube and got 40hp!!! The next test was obvious, I put one on each exhaust collector. At first they were facing the wrong direction and I lost 20hp. But when I turned them around I actually gained another 40hp for a total of 80hp!!! Apparently there is a bigger benefit when fitted on the exhaust! The company must not know this or they would be advertising it. So I'm gonna write them and maybe I can get royalties. It sure would help to get me out of a Nigerian scam I got caught up in.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you have to compare same year to same year. My former neighbor's 2003 Z06 was no match for my 2003 SRT-10 Viper. Comparisons across years is not appropriate IMO. The Z06 made a big jump in 2008 from what I understand, so you would have to compare it to a 2008 Viper.

Of course, if you put the "Turbo Intake Fan Fule Gas Saver" on the 2003 ZO6 I am sure it would whip me.

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C6 Z06 came out in 2006, so, unfortunately, a 2006 Z06 would beat a 2006 Viper SRT-10. '08 Z06 vs. '08 SRT-10 would be a close match.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a C6Z with LT's, intake, exhaust and tune and a 04 viper with intake, tune, catless corsa race, and TB and the viper would pull on the C6Z by a little ever time. So in my experience a lightly mooded gen 3 will out perform a lightly modded C6Z. But I really dont see how a 600 hp/560tq viper is a close match to a 505hp/470tq C6Z with vette being 300lbs lighter. I can tell my gen 4 is faster then my modded 04 was so no way a stock C6Z is gonna hang. Just my .02 and if I can find a C6Z locally to run Id be glad to report my findings.

Last edited:

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a C6Z with LT's, intake, exhaust and tune and a 04 viper with intake, tune, catless corsa race, and TB and the viper would pull on the C6Z by a little ever time. So in my experience a lightly mooded gen 3 will out perform a lightly modded C6Z. But I really dont see how a 600 hp/560tq viper is a close match to a 505hp/470tq C6Z with vette being 300lbs lighter. I can tell my gen 4 is faster then my modded 04 was so no way a stock C6Z is gonna hang. Just my .02 and if I can find a C6Z locally to run Id be glad to report my findings.

look a few posts above your's sir... C6Z's are at par is not slightly faster than the Gen4 in the 1/4. The Gen 3 would never hang and I've owned both myself. You take the fastest 1/4 times because those seem to be the top drivers and can showcase the full potential of the car and those are closely represented in those videos I posted

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you say man I like vettes and always will but you are serious about them. I just stated what I saw on the street with my two cars running side by side in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls. Never had my cars on a drag strip but I'll bet all day long that street runs and strip runs are always different results and of course theres driver differences. I still be glad to run a C6Z with the 08 and dont care if I win or lose I just think it be fun and I still drive home in a Viper :D

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not serious about Vettes, I just don't see why people have be so brand bias when the results are clearly proven. If I was that dead set on the Z06 being better, I would have kept mine seeing how I dumped more money into that than most brand new cars cost. The Viper has more potential in the long run beyond the 1000hp realm than the Z06 and that's where I plan to shoot for a few years from now. Plus, the Vette didn't have that X-factor the Viper has which makes it so much more enjoyable to drive. But anyday of the year I'll admit the stock Z06 will beast most other stock high end cars....

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must agree with you on all points there bud. Same reason I sold the C6Z and went with a Gen4 myself. I get tired of all the brand bias too (just read a mustang forum sometime LOL) but all I can do is tell what results I have seen with my own two eyes. I have always said there are faster cars down the block and a C6Z may just be that car with a good driver but where I live no such luck on finding one to race:(

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, a couple of my buddies are mustang nuts and it's hard to have an educated discussion about cars with them lol. I only ran into a Gen 2 GTS with gears and headers in C6Z which isn't a fair comparison because I was faily modded myself at the time but it was sure gorgeous (96 First Edition). Other than that, I haven't seen a C6Z in my Gen 3 either but as soon as I get it back I'll find the new blue Z that just arrived locally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala