C6 Z06s

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 has a weight advantage, and more aggresive gearing, and a higher rev limit, and it's easier to drive. At the track, stock Z06's are fairly equal (it becomes a driver's race), modded Z06's will pull ground on me in the straights. Torque is a factor for the Viper though. Last year at an HPDE, I had a highly modded Z06 behind me. (13 grand of power-adder upgrades to the motor/and racing brakes) He would be on me pretty good the whole course but couldn't get around me because of a long uphill sweeper, the Viper would gain enough space to not be in the way or hold him up. I talked to him after the session, and he said that Vipers always seem to do that there with the crazy torque up the hill. .....In a street race, or highway pull, the Z06 would probably win though.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2001 RT-10 and one of my friends has a C6z. We did a small pull on the way home from C&C from a dig. I had him by half a car length at 55mph. By the time we got about 75mph he had a full car length on me and would easily have extended that margin had we gone any faster.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres' a video of an '08 Viper vs. '08 Z06. yeah, yeah, it's Sam Hubinette driving..........the Mopar factory driver, but he's honest and gives the Vette credit where credit is due.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrsXeKmsLts

That's pretty definitive......when both are stock the Gen IV wins. I had an 08 Z06, liked it but sold it because for some reason it just didn't feel as "connected" to the driver or the road as a C5Z or my Gen 2. Great car for sure but not for me.

rspears9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2010 shelby gt500, how would it run with a viper,im on here because im thinking of selling my shelby and getting a 2001 viper convertible,i have owned 3 cobra's,and this shelby just aint doing it for me,in the 90's i was a die hard dodge man,and thinking of going back again

sn95gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the Nissan GTR leaves them all I have heard. Oh well.

If the Gen V is priced to high I may look at a GTR. I love my '08, I loved my '01 more and the Gen V looks good but I need to see it in blue. If the price is in the same ballpark as the GTR "just press the gas and go is hard not to like", I may have to try one for a couple of years.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2010 shelby gt500, how would it run with a viper,im on here because im thinking of selling my shelby and getting a 2001 viper convertible,i have owned 3 cobra's,and this shelby just aint doing it for me,in the 90's i was a die hard dodge man,and thinking of going back again

Gt500.....high 12s.....01 VIPER.....low 12s.......simple.........:D:omg::drive::stick::hello:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Humor fail... Again... :D

Ha, I georgethedog.....your still up to your old comments, I see...You are something else for sure....Don't let that Viper get away from you and run and hide when you see a vette coming....we don't want to see another Viper embarrass us cause you obviously can't drive...:poke::hitwithrock::buttkick::slap::chair::duh::hit::pbt::scared1::tz::bdh::catfight::nunu::looney::brainless::think::lol2::lame::bed:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I georgethedog.....your still up to your old comments, I see...You are something else for sure....Don't let that Viper get away from you and run and hide when you see a vette coming....we don't want to see another Viper embarrass us cause you obviously can't drive...:poke::hitwithrock::buttkick::slap::chair::duh::hit::pbt::scared1::tz::bdh::catfight::nunu::looney::brainless::think::lol2::lame::bed:

You're retired I noticed from another thread. I did not know they let children retire???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala