California Car Cover just ripped me off!!!!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I placed an order for a car cover. When I got it, it was a different material than what I wanted.

I called and asked to switch, NO DICE. I had Viper GTS embrodered in it so they would not exchange it. Like that cover will fit any other car????!!!!! As if there is no other Viper owner that would want the Viper GTS embrodered into it????? Okay, maybe make me pay a 25% re-stocking charge or something....BS Company. :rolleyes:

$549.00 down the drain!!!!

Buyers beware of California Car Cover, and Duster. :confused:

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are located in Chatsworth, CA, I have one of their dusters, good product.

Thats the problem with buying online items such as clothes and things that you havent touched and felt. Some items just have to been in person unless you know exactly what it is that you are ordering.

If I was running this business I would certainly accept this cover for exchange or if the cost of business is high than at least offer refund with some charge to make the customization. There would certainly be other viper owners that they can sell this too perhaps at a discount making 2 customers happy.

94RocketShipRT, sorry to hear of your disappoitment.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Better Business Bureau:

Bureau File Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the business has responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, some remain unresolved because the customers were not always satisfied with the company's response.

DesertSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you paid with a credit card, contact the CC company and file a complaint. They will act on your behalf, and if you have evidence showing that you in fact ordered a different product, they will suspend payment until the situation is resolved. I did exactly that when an online computer vendor sent me the wrong product. They refused to remedy the situation until VISA told them they wouldn't get any money unless they did!

From my experience and talking with others, credit card companies are on YOUR side in disputes like this.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you said "it was a different material than what I wanted". I hope you printed a receipt of your order to substantiate your claim. If you did, DesertSnake's approach is the way to go. If you didn't, or there is any ambiguity in the order (I don't see how) then you're SOL.
BTW, I have ordered 4 carcovers and 2 dusters from them and have had no problems so far.

Good luck.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had bought covers for my RT's from them and had no hassles w/ a prob i had at all exchanged no questions. I just got my new cover for the SRT yesterday. maybe try a different person/approach. i have always had great service/ worth another call.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone post their web addresse, i have never heard of them

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All,

Thanks for the input and help.

I ordered off an 800 phone line, not the website.

I will be calling again Monday. I asked for cust. service manager but she was out today. I hope I will get a better results.

A good Turkey day to all!!!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to tell them about all the publicity they're getting here with us carcover ordering folks and we're waiting to see how they handle it!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think viperray just sent you in the right direction,
i would try that first, goodluck

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In a worse case scenario, you either get stuck with the cover and live with it (can't be that bad for $550) or just bite the bullet and sell it on ebay to recoup $350 or so and then buy the cover that you want.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the years, I bought covers for my Vipers, both R/T and GTS, 2 Superbirds, and even my restored '72 Plymouth from CCCC. The one for the Plymouth had to go back to be better fitted, but they took care of it all.

I understand from the SVT Ford guys that Big Sky Covers offers the same covers but with much better pricing.

I don;t quite understand that problem. Did you ask for a given material, and they sent the wrong one? Or...did you order a type of fabric only to get it and think it should have been something else? The reason I ask is that if you asked for Noah, for example, and they sent Evolution...they should replace it.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500 for a cover???

I paid like 189 - 200 tops for a Kinberly Clark Evolution "duststop" cover. Did you get some kind of severe conditions outdoor cover?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i paid i think around 250-350 dont remember, but very lite weight and , MACHINE WASHABLE at home(dont need to pay a laundermat to wash it $20-30) dont bother w/ the embroidery get it done yourself locally cheaper. Also specify NO LOGO or they put the california car cover logo on the front. they should credit you the whole purchase and reorder for you.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This type of negative publicity will cost them more then $549. in future business. As a predomanently mail/internet order business, their reputation is their life blood. They should just take the item back in exchange for what you really wanted and resell the returned item at a reduced cost. Even if they take a $200 loss on the transaction, they would keep you as a happy customer and make more money off of you in the future.

I've made several purchases from California Car Cover (including a cover for my Viper)over the years and have been happy with them. Hearing about what you've gone through would make me reconsider future business with them. Send an e-mail to the company President and include the link to this thread. Who knows, maybe they'll have a change of heart and resolve this matter to your satisfaction. If they stick by their guns then do like others have suggested and dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte