calling all road racers again

MULE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my Eibach springs and was talking with my tech who will be installing them. We were discussing what camber to set the suspension (how many degrees of camber). I track the car as often as I can, usually once a month, but I want to keep the car streetable as well. What degree of camber are you track guys running, or does it depend on the track? My tech also mentioned caster as very important when setting a track alignment. I don't have the ability to raise the car and play with alignment at the track, yet, so I am looking for a permanent setting that is useable. My tech also mentioned the "sport shims". I thought those were only equipped on Gen II cars. If I have those would it be feasible to pull the shims at the track and put them back for the drive home? How much camber do the shims put in the alignment?

I know a lot of questions, sorry. By the way my tech could not answer these questions, but he is going to do some homework.

Thanks in advance.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd probably go -1.9 on the front, and -1.4 on the rears - this should help your turn in on corners and still leave the car fairly streetable.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with using the sport shims approach is that the toe changes and you would need to have the ability to check those settings (1/8" out in the front and 1/16" in for the rear)

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy is right with his #s as far as a street/track setting, removing the sport shims will give you another -1 degree of camber up front. I never bothered with them.

Front caster:
left 5.84 right 5.99

camber
left -1.9 right -1.9

toe neutral

Rear camber
left -1.4 right -1.4

toe left 0.11 right 0.10

OP
OP
M

MULE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Shims will stay put.

Socal, This may be a dumb question, but why would the toe be changed in the rear and not the front? Also why different caster settings for each side, I would think they should be identical?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire