Calling on the Viper Family ... Send Big Brake Dave a get well soon card !

Status
Not open for further replies.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, a fellow Viper owner, VCA member, site sponsor and truly one of the best friends I have made through the Club, Big Brake Dave has sadly been diagnosed with cancer. Details are not completely clear at this point, but a positive plan of action is in place and will hopefully get him back behind the wheel of his Race Yellow Viper very soon.

I'm hoping the ENTIRE Viper Family will join me and help keep his spirits high as he begins his solitary battle with this insidious disease.

Rather than flooding his email or cell phone with messages that he quite honestly has not been spending a lot of time with, I thought this would be a better idea.
Let's all send him a playing card with whatever Get Well Wishes or sentiment you may want to include, along with your name or screen name on it. If EVERYONE sends him at least one playing card, he will have a substantially stacked deck of cards in his favor as he begins his battle.

Please mail them to:
Big Brake Dave
17574 Bocage Pt.
San Diego CA 92128

He has made it very clear, at this point in time, that he will NOT be taking Visitors.
Rest assured that he is in very good care. We all want to know "How he is doing", but to force him to continually answer that question via email or phone will take away from his much needed focus to deal with what he must go through.
Please respect his request and allow him to get as much rest as he can.
I will post updates on his progress as they become available.

His parts and accessories business www.davesbigbrakes.com is still up and running thanks to his wife and family. So do not worry about any pending orders.

[media]http://www.kouchicentral.com/images/09-6%20pendleton/DSC_0871.JPG[/media]

We are all part of a very close Viper Family and your support will mean the world to him.

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited:

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave,
Get well soon, I am a cancer survivor myself (prostate) and wish you the best in your fight against this damn disease. Stay positive and take the the best care of youself as you ever have, eat, rest, sleep and keep a person journel. Also ask lots of question and take lots of notes.

Good luck and God bless

Steve

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave was one of the first Vipers guys to welcome me to the club. Since then, he's become a good friend that I always looked up to.here's to a speedy recovery Dave, and hope to see you back soon!

Bat

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave you're in my family's prayers. Can't wait to share some deviled eggs with you again soon at Tators!

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about that dave. We have been missing you at the carlsbad cars and coffee. You will be in my families prayers and we look forward to your speedy recovery and return to the scene!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave.

Get well soon buddy.

You are one of the few straight shooters I know.

Spent the weekend with Richard and Paul at a party in RB and first heard the news. Was floored.

Hope you get well soon.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, that's an awsome idea.

My best wishes go out to Dave and his family!

OP
OP

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave will hopefully be heading home early this week from the hospital.
Let's make sure he has a mailbox filled to the top with playing cards from all across the Viper Nation.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave. Get well soon. You have been a great asset to the viper community and even more importanty a good friend to all in the viper community. You and your family is in our prayers

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess i'll be eating all the deviled eggs at tators......till dave gets back

hang in there buddy, get well FAST

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't met Dave and talked to him about his enthusiasm for Vipers, here's a picture from when we had a spirited discussion about brakes at Tator's. ;) He's the handsome guy in yellow.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GET WELL REAL SOON DAVE!!!!!!!!!

Kick that Cancers butt and get back to the track..........

Fantastic guy and Vendor

Thinking of ya mate..

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that answers the question why he was in the emergency room when I called him last week. He answered the phone at the hospital and we talked. At the time I don't think he knew what was wrong. What a trooper... The guy answers his phone while he was in an emergency from a number I am sure he did not recognize. God Bless you Dave. May you recover quickly. Prayers will go out for you!!!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten