Can a Viper do this?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice!

Speed cost. I'm sure with enough of it you could even get a Toyota to do that.....

ooops, they already did. j/k

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Is it possible to get a Viper to do this?

Smokin Video

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would guess that some of them could..
smile.gif
Nice shots
that guy can sure drive...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is the JUN Supra! I love that car! I had a JUN powered 300zx twin turbo at one time. JUN makes awesome engines! Bad Ash Car!!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only point that video makes is that all the previous videos that I have seen were correct. That being that SUPRAS cant handle worth a crap, and when you add lots of hp to the equation then they really ****. Sorry supra fans but I have seen many option videos where they race the *** super cars and the supras are always in dead last, no matter how much power they make.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option videos are a joke, the car being "showcased" always wins, they should call it Option rice videos. I have seen videos with Supras showcased that won, and the Japanese Supras have less power than the US Supras.

The Supra may not handle as good as the Viper (few cars do) but when Car and Driver did their "Best Handling car over $30K" test the Supra came in 4th in the roadcourse. Viper was 1st, Ferrari 355 2nd, C5 3rd (.2 seconds ahead of the Supra), Supra 4th, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 5th, M3 6th, NSX 7th and the Porsche Boxster was 8th. Considering the fact that many of he slower cars (and all 3 of the faster ones) had significantly better power to weight ratio than the Supra that's not too bad, not to mention dealing with turbo lag.

This video was clearly a "drifting" video, fun looking to boot.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense intended, but the question shouldn't be "can the Viper do this" but rather, "can you do this". You can easily 'huck' a Viper into any corner and induce the oversteer. The real issue is do you have the cajones to drive it out? If you do, then floor it no matter what, and you'll be surprised at the results!

Do it once and you'll realize the difference between poser and passer!

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V10 Power:
Completely agree with Dilusi should be re titled can you do this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put Viper in the subject to keep it in this section. Sneaky huh?

Maybe I should have titled it "Can you do this in your Viper?"

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"how hard it is to do" is greatly affected by suspension setup...

The hardest part of driving like this is where do you get your seat time.

Dirt is the ultimate venue....

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; Glad to see the David Wilks School of Valet Parking is still going strong...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V10 Power:
That is correct it is a Jun Supra and it has 1100 horsepower I am not sure what the torque is but it is on kill for sure. You won't see one of those unless you go to Japan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT SO! There are plent of hi-po supras here in the states.
Kieth Ta (1k rwhp), Bryce in Houston(874rwhp), Saad Saad in AZ(870rwhp), Darren "Walser" (851rwhp), SW (804rwhp).

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is sort of off-topic but how can I get this stuff to download faster? I do not have DSL. Is there something on the net I can download?

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squirrelly car. Who needs a Viper with gerbils when you can have a Supra with that many squirrels in the chassis...
The long video shows what looks like a sequential shift tranny. Anyone else notice this?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveb:
This is sort of off-topic but how can I get this stuff to download faster? I do not have DSL. Is there something on the net I can download?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back in my pre-DSL days, I found a good way to download big files fast... (at least it seems fast)... start the download before you go to sleep at night. It will be done when you wake up in the morning
smile.gif

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Friend:
Squirrelly car. Who needs a Viper with gerbils when you can have a Supra with that many squirrels in the chassis...
The long video shows what looks like a sequential shift tranny. Anyone else notice this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is a sequential tranny, and its super cool ;)
I think its "squirrely" because of the puny 315/35/17 tires stuggling to hold that 1100hp.

Also bear in mind this is a Japanese vid. The Japanese are all about drifting, and love to get into corners a little hot. ITs the latest craze going on over there. Does the viper (or or its owner) like to drift? I can imaging with all that power its easy to get sideways in the viper.