can not get in my 03

1b3jr65z13v501220

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my 03 in winter storage when unveiling it for a new year I found I could not get in with the auto locks so assumed the battery was in need of charge charged it up no good changed the battery still no good changed battery in the remote just to be sure. The dealer tells me to flat bed it in but I am looking for any help on this. I don't think I can get it out of the grage with out damage

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a manual lock cylinder for the drivers door below the mirror on the underside of the indented area. PLace key in there, push in on the door to relieve some pressure on the lock, and turn key - you'll be in in a jiffy.

The car is probably in sleep mode after being stored - check you owners manual (probably inside the car) for wake up procedures....

Hope this helps.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a manual lock cylinder for the drivers door below the mirror on the underside of the indented area. PLace key in there, push in on the door to relieve some pressure on the lock, and turn key - you'll be in in a jiffy.

The car is probably in sleep mode after being stored - check you owners manual (probably inside the car) for wake up procedures....

Hope this helps.
ditto

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as I know, you have to put the car in sleep mode.
(Turn on and off the key 4 times and then hit the lock up botton, then remove key.) To "Awake the car just turn the key on. I don't think the car would have went into sleep mode on its own. More like key fobs need reprogrammed.

Good luck

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sleep mode is automatic... when the battery discharges below a certain point.

As Janni said, just turn the "mystery" lock cylinder under the driver's side mirror.... yes, twist while pushing in on the door if it feels like it doesn't want to turn.... and then put your key in the ignition... and turn.... and push the start button.

She'll wake up and start (as long as the battery is charged)