Can someone help me please?

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought an '04 Mamba and took it for state emissions testing today and it failed.

The code read: "NOT READY FOR TESTING. BASED ON THE INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE ONBOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM ON YOUR VEHICLE, THE SYSTEM IS NOT READY TO MAKE A DETERMINATION REGARDING THE POLLUTION CONTROL SYSTEM ON THE VEHICLE. CONTACT YOUR SERVICE ADVISOR."

Anyone have an idea how to proceed or what I need to do?? I can't drive it until I resolve this.

Thanks!! Den

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I think you do have to drive it to resolve that. I've read about at least one Gen2 (Viper Tony? Plum?) that ran into the same thing. It has to log more info or something like that to kick in.

Have you recently reset the PCM or done a reflash or?

Last edited:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hook up an OBD2 scanner and see what has yet to pass the emmissions test cycle. Has the car been modified? you may have simms in that are preventing the car to complete the cycle, on mine the O2 Heater and Evap won't complete testing. The fix to that is to remove the simms and put the secondary 02's back in (just tie wrap them to the transmission or other out of the way spot) and drive the car for a cycle. Hook the OBD2 back up and it should be good to go, assuming you have simms. Oh and you don't need to put the simms back.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is you recently reset the computer and it needs some time to log data. Put a couple hundred miles on the car and try again.

I just bought an '04 Mamba and took it for state emissions testing today and it failed.

The code read: "NOT READY FOR TESTING. BASED ON THE INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE ONBOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM ON YOUR VEHICLE, THE SYSTEM IS NOT READY TO MAKE A DETERMINATION REGARDING THE POLLUTION CONTROL SYSTEM ON THE VEHICLE. CONTACT YOUR SERVICE ADVISOR."

Anyone have an idea how to proceed or what I need to do?? I can't drive it until I resolve this.

Thanks!! Den

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OBDII plug, runs off the same fuse the cig. lighter does... If the fuse is blown, you'll get NO info.. Check the 20AMP cig. lighter fuse under your hood. I bet its blown..

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a car a few weeks ago with the same problem. The customer had driven several hundred miles with no luck. I had to use the DRB 3 scan tool and force run the obd2 moniters. There are five moniters that need to pass he could only get 2 or 3 to pass by driving. After useing the scan tool al 5 had passed and he could have it inspected.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a car a few weeks ago with the same problem. The customer had driven several hundred miles with no luck. I had to use the DRB 3 scan tool and force run the obd2 moniters. There are five moniters that need to pass he could only get 2 or 3 to pass by driving. After useing the scan tool al 5 had passed and he could have it inspected.

Don't help him tom, Denny's a bad man :D :rolaugh:

See ya in 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didnt tell me you know Ron.Sorry I cant help you now. And Ron you get a break I cant make it to Willow so you should go right throught tech.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my 03. Actually car was running a little funny, a mild stagger, took it in & they couldn't find anything. The emissions came up coincidentally & I got this 2 times after driving plenty of miles, went back to dealer & the PCM was zonked, it would reset everytime the car was turned off, so every time it was started it thought it had zero miles. They replaced the PCM under warranty & they car has been running like a scalded dog ever since.

OP
OP
D

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OBDII plug, runs off the same fuse the cig. lighter does... If the fuse is blown, you'll get NO info.. Check the 20AMP cig. lighter fuse under your hood. I bet its blown..

Nope....the fuse is fine, but it was a good try...thanks!!

I've put about 90 miles on it this weekend...it goes in tomorrow for another "breathalizer test"