Can someone tell me what "NVH reduction treatments" have been made on the GTS?

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From one the Feature Availability chart - "Noise vibration harshness reduction treatments" to the GTS.

Anyone have the details of what all they do?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not exactly what you asked for, however, it is what I see on my SRT. Just a gress, but the GTS may have more sound deadening material in the cabin and inside the doorl.

On the SRT versus the G4:

1. Viscous-like motor mounts. You can move the engine a substantial distance up and down slowly however they firm up for quick changes in velocity.

2. The trans mount is also completely different and aimed at vibration control.

3. I do not know about the G3 and G3, but, compared to the G2, there is substantial insulation on the firewall and tunnel. This is the radiant barrier style with thermal insulation included. It provides both sound and heat control.

From one the Feature Availability chart - "Noise vibration harshness reduction treatments" to the GTS.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If someone has a service manual, it would show the difference. Can someone look it up please? I was thinking one way to make my TA more daily-driver friendly is to apply the GTS insulation package but the cost of that would probably be higher than just putting Dynamat or GTmast in the whole cabin and doors. I recently laid the GTmat in the back seat area and trunk of my GT-R and it did quiet down the drone and transmission clunks quite a bit.