Can this hurt the Viper Wizard.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't affect Chuck Tator. :mad: His dealership has been family run since 1914 and while it is not high volume, it's a great asset to the Viper community. If he is affected, I'm starting a signature petition.

Chrysler considers branding overhaul - Nov. 16, 2007

Chrysler mulls major branding shift

The Detroit automaker is considering a plan that would allow it to drop some overlapping products and cut out underperforming dealerships, according to a news report.

DETROIT (AP) -- Chrysler is considering wide-ranging branding changes that would streamline its product offerings and eliminate as many as 1,000 dealers, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
A plan currently under discussion calls for Chrysler dealers to sell all of the automaker's passenger cars under the Chrysler name. Dodge dealers would sell only pickup and commercial trucks, and Jeep dealers would sell only Jeep and sport-utility vehicles, three dealers familiar with the discussions told the Journal for its online edition.
One of the dealers said the proposal was just one of several being considered, and that the company hoped to have a decision in place by the end of the year, the Journal reported. The dealers asked not to be identified because the plan has not been released publicly.
The plan would allow Chrysler, which seeks to return to profitability by 2009, to drop some of its overlapping products. That in turn would eliminate underperforming dealerships carrying excess inventory and using incentives that cut into profitability. Messages were left after hours Friday with Chrysler spokesmen.
Chrysler shuts down 4 cars
Chrysler Chairman and CEO Bob Nardelli said in September that he planned to keep the automaker's three brands but could drop some products as he leads the company through a restructuring. He wouldn't say which vehicles might go.
"I think we have to right-size the revenue, and that means we have to make intelligent decisions about the products and the brands," Nardelli said. "We can't just have emotional attachments about some of the products and brands that are out there."
Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP bought an 80.1 percent stake in Chrysler from its former corporate partner, Daimler (Charts), in August.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this article also.There are franchise certificates hanging on the wall signed by Horace and Wilbur Dodge at Tators.It was the FIRST Dodge delarship in the world.Yes he is small and doesn't sell many but the service to the Viper community is invaluable and a part of corporate history.Might just as well burn down and buldoze the Chrysler museum as try to close Tators.Tator gets the shaft and I never purchase or recommed a Chrysler product ever.At any hint I hope he posts to us.We can e-mail,write,call,protest at corporate Detroit.Drive in,fly in,walk in,carry signs,burn in effigy etc. GTS Bruce

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not unexpected. It would be a stretch, however, for it to be the Chrysler Viper. Some truth in the article for sure. The investors cannot wait forever to get a profit out of the company.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first blush it is an interesting proposal. But there are a number of significant hurdles. Among them would be revising the terms of existing franchise agreements, retraining techs at all the effected dealerships, and convincing the dealers that their profit would not be dramatically effected by only having one type of vehicle. Cross marketing in a dealership is an important source of sales. Of course there are quite a few dealers, like Woodhouse, that already have all the Chrysler stores under one umbrella and would probably not be affected by such a change. The franchise law in some states provides some protection for dealers. My bet would be that other models may continue to be trimmed beyond the four already named but that the other proposal will not reach fruition.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: :2tu: GTSBruce :2tu: :2tu: Our support as well as I'm sure most everybody on this forum as well as the Viper World itself. :headbang: ~mike & juli~

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than concern for good people like Tators which is a great asset to the Viper community, my other concern is for dealer support for Vipers when all this plan comes to fruition.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he'll lose the dealership, and want to start new and move next door to me in Sunny California. :D

Sigh... one can dream right?

Seriously though, I think we'll get out the torches and pitchforks if they try to screw Chuck.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hate to say it but it wouldnt suprise me...piss me off YES...but not suprise.

that company has its head up its @$$ and has no clue. they DID suprise me with the viper and ACR though. im pretty sure if ya had chuck here to talk about it, he'd go on for hours and id love to hear it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hate to say it but it wouldnt suprise me...piss me off YES...but not suprise.
that company has its head up its @$$ and has no clue. they DID suprise me with the viper and ACR though. im pretty sure if ya had chuck here to talk about it, he'd go on for hours and id love to hear it.

You and us both! C'mon Chuck...fill us in (if you can?) ? ~juli

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it cost GM something like $1 Billion to close Olds. At least with Plymouth, there were very few (I think 2) Plymouth only franchises remaining. One was here in PA.

I sincerely hope Chuck's dealership can come through this okay.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps we should get a petition going for Chuck and send it over to Dodge sooner rather than later. Doubtful any brass from Dodge is online reading these forums and knows how great Chuck has been to us and Dodge.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, we should pitch in to keep Tator alive and well. We cannot let Tator's Dodge go the way of Monday Night Football...meaning that it becomes something no one even recognizes.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this article also.There are franchise certificates hanging on the wall signed by Horace and Wilbur Dodge at Tators.It was the FIRST Dodge delarship in the world.Yes he is small and doesn't sell many but the service to the Viper community is invaluable and a part of corporate history.Might just as well burn down and buldoze the Chrysler museum as try to close Tators.Tator gets the shaft and I never purchase or recommed a Chrysler product ever.At any hint I hope he posts to us.We can e-mail,write,call,protest at corporate Detroit.Drive in,fly in,walk in,carry signs,burn in effigy etc. GTS Bruce

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. CHUCK IS NUMBER 1!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps we should get a petition going for Chuck and send it over to Dodge sooner rather than later. Doubtful any brass from Dodge is online reading these forums and knows how great Chuck has been to us and Dodge.

COUNT ME IN ON THAT PETITION

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
either way, chuck can still continue as a repair and performance facility. i personally dont care if its called tator totts dodge or tator's performance. i will still be going to him. but i do think we are jumping a gun here.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
actually he could start tator's caters on the side with those eggs i hear so much about. another income stream!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually he could start tator's caters on the side with those eggs i hear so much about. another income stream!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: And delicious they are!!! Since we aren't hearing directly from Chuck here, I agree with Jay, we are jumping the gun...we need to hear from Chuck to continue.
~juli

93VIPERBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy's Buy your new Dodge Cars and Trucks from Chuck. Sales held dealers look good to the Boy in the Ivory Tower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960