Can't forget the most important part! (pic)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can\'t forget the most important part! (pic)

I completely forgot the one thing that is absolutely necessary for the operation of this fine American exotic:

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

And one other comment to go with it: You will note that there is a trunk release button. It only works when the car is shut off (makes sense) and there is no inside trunk release (too civilized). This can be a very minor inconvenience when you are in a line of cars dropping off your kids at school and have to get your son's baritone out of the trunk. Shut the car off, hit the release on the fob, start it back up. I have given it a lot of thought and decided I can live with it.
laugh.gif

Chris

PS. Norman, just in case you were thinking about whittling a spare for my car, the key pattern (both sides) has been changed in the photo to make you buy your own SRT...

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can\'t forget the most important part! (pic)

Two Qs Chris-
1. Can that trunk really hold a baritone horn in a hard case? If so, that is terrific. Will it hold a dreadnaught in a hardshell I wonder...

2. Is that ear wax I see on your key?
laugh.gif

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:

PS. Norman, just in case you were thinking about whittling a spare for my car, the key pattern (both sides) has been changed in the photo to make you buy your own SRT...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very funny Mr Chris. Can you show me a picture of the other side? Hey, I PM'd you. Check it out.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Friend:

1. Can that trunk really hold a baritone horn in a hard case? If so, that is terrific. Will it hold a dreadnaught in a hardshell I wonder...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, indeed! Baritone horn in a hard case fit with an inch or two to spare (angled in with the handle on the bottom). At first I thought you were referring to a battle cruiser (dreadnought), but I see "dreadnaught" is also an acoustical guitar. Whew! If you want to give me the measurements I would be happy to make a guess on it (and my initial guess is "no", it would not fit).
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2. Is that ear wax I see on your key?
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I will have you know that this particular key has never been used. On second thought, Woodhouse DID have the car for a while, so perhaps that is genuine Pemberton ear wax. With that in mind, I will be putting it on eBay immediately (the key)...
supergrin.gif

Chris

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris
How about a picture of you in the car. With all the information, I feel like I know you and want to see if the mental picture matches your actual good looks!!
laugh.gif

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gtsviper:

How about a picture of you in the car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I suppose some people tend to be a little curious about who is behind the keyboard (or who is the behind at the keyboard). I am generally pretty camera-shy and try to avoid the limelight. Nonetheless, here is one my wife shot this afternoon. No great looker I suppose, but what can you do...

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

I usually wear a goatee and a few extra pounds, but you caught me on one of my better days. See you around!

Chris

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Keep up the good work, Chris. After reading all of your posts, I might just buy the one I have on order.

Of course, I want to look like James Bond when I drive mine too...
cool.gif
cool.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn't that just a shot of 007 sitting in a black BMW Z-3 for a movie pose?
laugh.gif

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WOW, for 80K they could not make a new fob. This is what I have on the Intrepid.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:
WOW, for 80K they could not make a new fob. This is what I have on the Intrepid.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares about the fob?? For $80K the Viper is completely new.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused. What do you mean it's not a different fob? That's a different fob from my 2001. Is that the same as the 2002 fob???
confused.gif

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's David Hasselhof doing in a Viper? I thought he was the Knight Rider with Pamela Andersons voice coming out of the dash...now THAT would be a KIT.

Mac Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom

My D-42 Martin with hard case will fit if precisely placed to miss the reinforcing channels. It will contact the underside of the trunk and does require slightly more force to close the trunk. This could be good or bad. The guitar will not move around under heavy breaking or cornering but it might create a wear spot. I have the trunk Matt in mine and would highly recommend it, it might fit better without the quarter inch of Matt!

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is exactly what I needed to know. Sounds rather snug. My GTS would swallow one guitar, a Crate CA60D amp, and several small gig bags jammed into the corners.

Ah well- practicality was never a reason for this car.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang