Car Covers???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A "factory" car cover came with my car, but it sure seems flimsy compared to the one I have for the ACR. Does anyone know what fabric this thing is made of? I dropped $300 on a custom fit, top of the line Weathershield cover from Covercraft, and it feels like the same crap! Like a pair of wind pants! The stitching on the inside is very coarse, and it sure seems like it will scratch my car! I don't even touch my cars with anything but microfiber, so you can see how I'd be concerned! Any ideas?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the factory cover i had on my rt/10 had more weight to it. the cover i
purchased from collectorschoice is alot like a parachute fabric. it took
some getting use to but i now prefer it over the factory cover. pics are on
my mod's tread (lol). i'm a poser so a cover can be a mod for me. lol

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the one on my GTS is thick and cottony, but the TWO I have for the SRT are like parachutes! Are they worth a damn?

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use mine to cover up something else.I do not use it on the viper..

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought mine from west coast viper, it is very soft and thick, way better than the flimsy mopar one, call them, they are in tememcula

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

Never use a car cover, unless your car is clean and you are going to leave it parked for an extremely long time. If there is any dust under it, you might as well forget your paint job. My Viper is a dark color, and I am forever trying to get swirl marks to go away. I stopped using the cover a couple of years ago, and am much happier.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

Never use a car cover, unless your car is clean and you are going to leave it parked for an extremely long time. If there is any dust under it, you might as well forget your paint job. My Viper is a dark color, and I am forever trying to get swirl marks to go away. I stopped using the cover a couple of years ago, and am much happier.
im with you on this one. I never use a car cover simply because there is too great a risk in scratching the paint. I would prefer a cover that is soft as silk that would simply be draped over the vehicle, not something that is fitted. If your cover is one that simply drapes over the vehicle, I would keep that one.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<My Viper is a dark color, and I am forever trying to get swirl marks to go away.>

the swirls were from the car cover????

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
swirls/scratches,who cares, you notice every little thing with this Sapphire Blue color. I just used the word swirls. I actually don't have many of those anymore, but I see a scratch line here and there. If you breath on this color it scratches. I know every time I brush down the car, there is a significant amount of dust, so I think covering the car, unless you just finished cleaning it is the wrong thing to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte