Car Fax is BS

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am leasing a Lexus IS300. I had it for two weeks, and then like a ***** I crashed it head on into a big tree.

Originally, the damage was estimated at $14,000. After 4 months went by, and all was said and done, it had cost over $26,000. The insurance company paid for everything.

I was told at every dealership I go to, they will not take this car because they are almost positive it has a salvage title, and they tell me my best bet is to wait until the lease is up and just turn it in. When I was buying my Viper, they told me that I would most likely have to pay Lexus more after I turned it in because frame damage will have made the car less valuable and they are going to charge me for that damage. I have come to terms with this.

I just did a carfax report, and it gave my Lexus (that has wind noise because the doors weren't adjusted properly) a buy back guarentee. It says it has never been in any accident, not minor nor major. Yeah ok.

So how does that buy back guarentee work exactly? heh

Mike

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarFax has incomplete sources of input. No input = no output. If you are buying, save your money and get a good mechanic instead.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarFax and AutoCheck are for advisory information only. Should not be your only source of info on a car. I find CarFax to be a ripoff in terms of what they charge you and, if you ever need to contact them (like in refunde) they will ignore you. Get a good mechanic and PPI.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21