Car Fax Problem!!

Reaction score
I was looking at a 97' Red GTS here in Tn last week. I wanted a tech to look at it but the only tech close for the day was Jason from RSI. So I had the owner bring the GTS to Bowling Green for the V-10 Nationals. The owner had painted ghost flames on the front of the car so this threw up little red flags to why he would do so. So I asked any previous damage? Owner stated no of course not he just liked the looks of the flames. So the RSI guys looked it over with no visual problems. Well the owner said he got the car out of Dallas so I thought hell maybe SW knows the car him being a Tx dealer and all. So I call SW over and he says yeap I know the car....IT HAD OVER 32,000 WORTH OF DAMAGE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. So I ask the owner again....no damage ever? His statement was still no sir, I'll show you the fax report he took last week. Of course car fax came out prefect!! If SW had not been there I'd been stuck with a car that had previous damage and frame repair!! :mad: So my question is anyone else caught car fax being wrong in the past?

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 13k in damage to my 2000 FRC that didn't show up when I sold it. 18 months lapse.

CarFax is COMPLETELY unreliable for the WHOLE truth; only a last ditch safety net. Don't lean on it too hard.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang