Car Show Signs?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody have custom car show signs made? Lets see em! Where did you get em made and how much were they? Thx!!

I seen this one by rtttd
You must be registered for see images

And rtttd your response is required! :) I like that sign especially cause it's its own stand. Do you have an upclose pic? Does it fit in the trunk?

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also interested in seeing the different ones out there. I am sure there are some nice ones. I like how Rtttd's sign matches the color of his car, stripes and all. Very nice.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought only Vette guys had them.

j/k sort of......

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with ViperJon on this one!:lame:

Maybe (and that's a big maybe) if you had a really weird or rare car, like the Citroen that was parked next to me this Sunday, it might make sense.

Who doesn't know what a Viper is, and does anybody really care that it's "1 of xx" in peash!t green?

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found this one by big-n-italian:
07_Decatur.jpg

wayyyyy better than this:
IMG_00152.JPG

So I guess the couple of you think these viper owners are "****" ? Cause they have a sign and win best in show?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should get you first place at any car show, it doesnt even matter what car you have at the show, of course as long as they are there.:D
I use this sign at carshows. I actually take it everywhere with me :D

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with ViperJon on this one!:lame:

Maybe (and that's a big maybe) if you had a really weird or rare car, like the Citroen that was parked next to me this Sunday, it might make sense.

Who doesn't know what a Viper is, and does anybody really care that it's "1 of xx" in peash!t green?

Yah, you're right, not a big deal that mine is 1 of 86. But, since it's heavily modified, and nothing is stock any lover (excetp some base parts and color). It is a big deal that it rates out around 1,000hp and what mods it took to get there. It also allows my car to show up in magazines and newspapers because of the info on the sign. It's also important to display the "preferred vendors" and include my company name so that I can do some writing off against my income tax (just a little of some shows). It's about proffessionalism and answering questions that many people have. It really makes a car look better when some of it's attributes (that can't be seen) are listed. 1,000hp tends to seem like an outageous claim, until the sign is read and the explaination is on the sign. My sign was from last year. This year the car will include ported heads (next week), Bluetooth, TPMS, 14" Roe lighweight brakes, PS2s, HIDs, etc.

My sign was $120. minus a 'sponsorship' bringing my cost down to $50. The sign fits in the back of my GTS with a couple inches to spare. The stand is 2 pieces of angle iron painted and bolted together with a slot at the seperate ends, which the sign slips into. I also got a poster of the Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ magazine article blown up and had that made into a sign as well ($90.). The signs are made of corrugated aluminium with a printed vinyl overlay. The info/display sign is 18" x 36".

Ted

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here I was thinking .. car show this direction - would be good for my garage as with a Viper in the garage every day is a car show - oh well!

Drive on! :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
magazine poster board.

I sent my Vec2 off to Sean for repairs and Vec3 upgrade so I'll be attending 2 car shows in the Okanagan Valley with my 440 Duster instead of the Viper. NO air cond. I'm installing front bars into the engine compartment and have to get back to work on it if I'm going to make the shows.

No sign for this one.

Ted

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon Ted, you KNOW that anyone who knows Vipers or is halfway knowledgeable about modern muscle will be like, "950hp my ass!":shhh2:

I suppose for a sign, it's as good as it gets, except for a little too long/too much detail (pedal covers:rolleyes:).

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, we'll let the signboard pass...but please don't get a lil model of the car and sit it on the motor or the dashboard....please.....
cause then you will have your Viper ownership revoked and be banished to corvetteforum.com and THAT is a fate worse than death.

OP
OP
P

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, we'll let the signboard pass...but please don't get a lil model of the car and sit it on the motor or the dashboard....please.....
cause then you will have your Viper ownership revoked and be banished to corvetteforum.com and THAT is a fate worse than death.

DSC_4968.JPG

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be worse.

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...if you had a really weird or rare car, like the Citroen that was parked next to me this Sunday, it might make sense..

Dude, if I had a Citroen parked next to me, I'd move my car :)

Plenty of those fine pieces of engineering falling apart, I mean driving around this part of the world...

Personally I'm OK with a sign, however, don't go way over the top with graphics or even paint. A simple list of the interesting modifications/specs. Sort of a black and white type thing.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When attending these car shows I've found that the best sign, or source of information, is me. I tend to strike up a conversation when the crowd gathers around the Viper. People ask all kinds of questions and love it when you go out of your way to explain various parts on the car, etc. They walk around the car, point to various things and want to know more. At most I'll hand out matchbox Vipers to the kids that stop by but I find the signs, trophies, ribbons and other crap in front of show cars to be gaudy. Kinda like putting a doily on the hood of a Viper...it don't belong. :)

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would make a sign for my RT/10 but.....where would you carry it?:dunno: Besides having windows, soft top, chairs, and cooler in trunk. Don't believe the better half would car to stay home so I can carry a sign in passenger seat !!!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buick just called, they are filing a suit for stealing one of their design items in an improper way :eater: And please tell me that those are no Mercedes SL "hood vents" near the back of the hood either :confused:

Could be worse.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently I saw the bare chassis of a Citroen DS on a trailer... all tubes and no thicker than your average very cheap lawn chair :omg:

Dude, if I had a Citroen parked next to me, I'd move my car :)

Plenty of those fine pieces of engineering falling apart, I mean driving around this part of the world...

Personally I'm OK with a sign, however, don't go way over the top with graphics or even paint. A simple list of the interesting modifications/specs. Sort of a black and white type thing.

V

Venomiss

Get pricing from your local trophy shops. They will probably be cheaper with no shipping involved. Unless you do it yourself. Some like them and some don't.
If your behavior is guided by other peoples thoughts then why bother having any of your own? Get what you like.:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would make a sign for my RT/10 but.....where would you carry it?:dunno: Besides having windows, soft top, chairs, and cooler in trunk. Don't believe the better half would car to stay home so I can carry a sign in passenger seat !!!!!

I'm not believing thats possible until you post a pic of all that stuff in your trunk ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960