Car shut off and wont turn on... EMERGENCY HELP!

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousin ran out of fuel and now his viper won't start. (2004 mamba) I told him it is air in his fuel line but he say's it's his battery. The car won't turn, and none of the guages are functioning, but the car does act like the battery is working. The battery guage is on zero when the key is in the on postion none of the four guages move at all, but the radio is working and the car does make that annoying door open sound.

Does anyone have any experience with this, We could use your help.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery. It can be low enought that nothing but the radio and door chime. Will the headlights turn on?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy enough to throw a set of jumper cables on. Are you sure it actually ran out of gas? it may have been very low and the electrical shut it down TWO COMPLETELY SEPARATE ISSUES.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont try to jump the car.. you do alot of damage here,sounds like very bad connection or shorted battery, after you put a fresh battery in it,check the charge system

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blown fuse. I know it sounds wrong, but there is a blown fuse.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I've heard the ASD Relay can be problematic in these situations

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cousin ran out of fuel and now his viper won't start. (2004 mamba) I told him it is air in his fuel line but he say's it's his battery. The car won't turn, and none of the guages are functioning, but the car does act like the battery is working. The battery guage is on zero when the key is in the on postion none of the four guages move at all, but the radio is working and the car does make that annoying door open sound.

Does anyone have any experience with this, We could use your help.
Well its been a week now, what's the verdict?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960