Carbon Fiber Airbox reasonably priced...???

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a post on a twin turbo project by Halltech in the Performance and Modification section. They make carbon fiber intakes for the C5. Since they are already doing work with carbon fiber, it would only be a matter of creating a mold for a Viper airbox. If we have enough interested Viper owners who would like an improved/better looking airbox that doesn't cost an arm and a leg we may be able to have them manufacture it. So if you're interested or have any suggestions please post your response. As for price? Not sure, depends on how many interested parties. This may or may not be feasible for us but it doesn't hurt to try. (BTW, not affiliated with Halltech, just a VCA member)

Heres a photo of their C5 intake
T-1Sidewinder.jpg

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Jim is going to be able to produce a carbon fiber airbox for a "reasonable" price. The one shown in the picture is for the C5, it's actually only the "Mag" (air bridge), and it sells for $369.00. It is much smaller with ALOT less material than what would be needed for the Viper. I would guess Jim, if he actually made some (and that's a big if), would have a price comparable to HMS...............not too reasonable IMO.

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pc1663:
I'm not so sure Jim is going to be able to produce a carbon fiber airbox for a "reasonable" price. The one shown in the picture is for the C5, it's actually only the "Mag" (air bridge), and it sells for $369.00. It is much smaller with ALOT less material than what would be needed for the Viper. I would guess Jim, if he actually made some (and that's a big if), would have a price comparable to HMS...............not too reasonable IMO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could very well be right with the price being comparable to HMS. But if Jim see's that there's a market in the Viper world, he may start making products for us. Competition is a good thing. If it turns out that carbon fiber is cost prohibitive then then maybe we can look at polyurethane(about half the cost)instead. Maybe also consider an airbox with a quick install rain baffle. Just tossing some ideas out here. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never replace the stock airbox unless there was a performance gain and it could be used in the rain. I don't care what it looks like, carbon fiber or duck tape, as long as it made more HP and could be used in the rain. My $.02

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gained 3 RWHP/ 7 RWTQ from Heffners air box, and thats on a dyno standing still. i am sure it makes a lot more as speed increases.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested - as the more competition the better. I am working with another vendor which might be selling a similar product in the near future.

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 97'GTS with a carbon fiber airbox. I bought the car last week, popped the hood when I arrived, and to my surprise it had a carbon fiber airbox and a set of K&N filters. I don't know who made it or where they got it, but I'll snap some pictures of it this afternoon.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope to have a HMS carbon airbox installed by next week.
No i am not paying full price. And I think it looks awesome but the full retail price is a bit much.
It would be nice if there was an alternative.

JIM

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I can get a ball park figure on the price I'll post it for both C/F and polyurethane. I think something with a quick detach rain baffle would be a good idea.

Does anyone have a picture of the airbox sold by Jason Heffner?

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sit tight!
We are finalizing a COMPLETE carbon fiber airbox for the Viper!
Designed as a direct bolt in-swap out from your factory airbox. We are doing our best to keep the price reasonable and we are aiming for a sub $1000 range, but there is a significant amount of material used. Ours will integrate exclusive oversize air outlet openings for maximum air flow. We plan to offer it as a stand alone piece. It is also included in our LETHAL 750 package.

More information to follow in the next week.
Stay tuned!!!
Regards,
Wayne (LTHL VPR)

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LTHL VPR:
Sit tight!
We are finalizing a COMPLETE carbon fiber airbox for the Viper!
Designed as a direct bolt in-swap out from your factory airbox. We are doing our best to keep the price reasonable and we are aiming for a sub $1000 range, but there is a significant amount of material used. Ours will integrate exclusive oversize air outlet openings for maximum air flow. We plan to offer it as a stand alone piece. It is also included in our LETHAL 750 package.

More information to follow in the next week.
Stay tuned!!!
Regards,
Wayne (LTHL VPR)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be standing by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te