Carbon Fiber Valve Cover are here....soon...

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...If you vist the alley...you will know Disturbed has been playing mad man. So I thought I would post it here as well.

just...a tease. Enjoy.

While it's not the finished product, you can see it's a Gen 3...but taller. For all you Gen 3 guys who want better rockers, you will not have to buy a spacer. Also, for the Gen 1 and 2 guys who want something diferent and not have to worry about your car burning to the ground if you have a small fire. I like the look of the Gen 3 but they never fit....until now.

I still have more test fittings to do and I want to run them for a few months to make sure they are unbreakable.

I have more CF stuff in devlopment...but....lets just talk about the Valve covers for now.

I don't open the doors for the company until 11.01.09 But when I do....the Viper world will suddenly have the after market parts we need. And yes...I will be a VCA sponser. :headbang:

Attachments

• Valve Cover 1.jpg
    Valve Cover 1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 208

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice...I have a Gen II and am interested in making the engine compartment "nicer":eater:

Can the CF valve covers not painted, hold up to the heat...I think it would be an interesting look.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Any idea of price for a set....ballpark price is cool.:dunno:

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice...I have a Gen II and am interested in making the engine compartment "nicer":eater:

Can the CF valve covers not painted, hold up to the heat...I think it would be an interesting look.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Any idea of price for a set....ballpark price is cool.:dunno:

For my car, they will be un-painted. They have NO issues with heat:2tu:

Should be about $1,000.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will they have the same Gen. 3 'VIPER' text/logo on top?
And, will you offer a "standard height" model?

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will they have the same Gen. 3 'VIPER' text/logo on top?
And, will you offer a "standard height" model?

I can not use "Viper" as I'd get sued....If someone can point me who to speak to about getting the product "offical" with Dodge, I'd love to do so.

They are standard hight for a Gen 2. It should work on a Gen3 as well. For the Gen 3 guys this is great because now you will not have to buy a spacer to run high ratio roller rockers. :2tu:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not use "Viper" as I'd get sued....If someone can point me who to speak to about getting the product "offical" with Dodge, I'd love to do so.

They are standard hight for a Gen 2. It should work on a Gen3 as well. For the Gen 3 guys this is great because now you will not have to buy a spacer to run high ratio roller rockers. :2tu:
That's cool. Just had to check.
Not all of us run 1200HP tire-shredders that require the taller covers.
Some of us can go to prison for a very long time with the OEM rockers. :)

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's cool. Just had to check.
Not all of us run 1200HP tire-shredders that require the taller covers.
Some of us can go to prison for a very long time with the OEM rockers. :)

If the demand is high enough, I would do it. :usa:

Producing the Valve Covers this way I have 1 set that can work for Gen 1,2 and 3. :2tu: This helps to reduce cost to you. :headbang:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh heh...at $1000/pr., I don't think cost is what's on their minds.
:D

If everything else is the same except for vertical height, I don't think a 2nd mold would be *that* much more expensive.
If you've got it in CAD, I'd be happy to make the necessary adjustments to the drawings.

A few other questions:
1. What weave are you using? Wet-lay? Autoclaved?
I couldn't really tell from the one in the pic that's painted.

2. Will they have the interior mounts for the oil baffles and foam?

3. Can they be threaded (or have bushings put in them) for AN or NPT CCV lines?

4. OEM oil cap (710 cap) fits/seals?

5. If you think I'm a PITA here, you should see me clean my wheels.
:D :D :D

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1.) Infusion: It's a bit of a hybird. It's not a true wet lay up, but it's not pre-preg either. It's 90% as light as pre-preg.
1b.) 2x2 (looks the best)

2.) Yes

3.) Yes...however you want it.

4.) Have not made up my mind (Custom CF or Billet Al :dunno: )

5.) Nope, love it. It just means you as car crazy as I am.

The mold and labor is the expensive part. These are custom to most anything you want when you order. These are not el-cheap $600 carbon copies (pun intended).

If you want your “car’s name” in them, no problem.

You want the vac ******* in the rear threaded...sure.

If you want no oil cap because you have a dry sump...that's not an issue.

You want the oil cap in the front of the engine so it's easier to fill...no problem.

For example. My finished set will be like this:

Non-painted
UV coated
******* threaded in rear
No Oil Cap
Custom Logo in center.
No baffles
Jet Coated interior

I am sure these will be somewhat lighter than stock, it will not be much, these really are for that true custom look All Valve cover come with a serial number because each will be unique. Also a good set of Roller Rockers are a must on these cars, have you seen the stock one…?

The sky is the limit with the exception of height and shape. You don't need a 1200hp monster to use better roller rockers. Even stock Vipers pick up 5-10rwhp from a good set of rockers. :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are these valve covers going to overcome the leakage issues of the cheapo imitators?

It will not be an issue. The sealing surface on a chepo set is made of CF. That's the easy way to spot them.

Alex, you will get to see them and play with one of the production parts before I put them on sell.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on doing perverted things to those valve covers so that nobody else would want them; sort of like a pound dog marking his territory. I'm really looking forward to the interior parts as well. It's especially exciting that the units that you will be making are going to make the Lambo parts look cheap.

I think that a set of tall big block Chevy valve covers in carbon fiber is a must as well. Can you guess why?

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan on doing perverted things to those valve covers so that nobody else would want them; sort of like a pound dog marking his territory. I'm really looking forward to the interior parts as well. It's especially exciting that the units that you will be making are going to make the Lambo parts look cheap.

I think that a set of tall big block Chevy valve covers in carbon fiber is a must as well. Can you guess why?

Would that be for a '68 vette with a 454 in it :lmao:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32