Carbon Fiber Valve Covers???

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone make a good quality carbon fiber valve cover for Gen 2 cars? Can I modify a carbon fiber Gen 3 cover?

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know where we could get some made...We would have to purchase atleast 25 of them...Couldnt see it being much money...Im willing to use my valve covers to do it if anyones intrested?? Check out Carbon by Design on yahoo...

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what these guys told me they can take a mold off of any stock parts and create a carbon fiber part...A mold for a Gen 3 trunk was 600 bucks...I bet a valve cover would be like 100 and probably 40 bucks for the valve covers...ill check up on it and post later

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Group buy! Let's go for it. Give him some other cool stuff to mock up in carbon fiber too.

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok im waiting for their reply and I will post prices...Anybody else want anything in carbon fiber??? What about side splitters?? I suppose we would have to buy a set to copy the pattern or if someone has a set their willing to use as a mock up??

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a silly question.

The valve covers will have the baffles on the bottom too right? Are they going to be carbon fiber or just a piece of metal?

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its taking some time but the valve covers were sent two days ago...I had to wait till my car got to ohio and they started disassembling the car for the Twin Turbo build...I shoulud know here fairly soon...I'll let you guys know when they recieve the valve covers...

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent a few of you guys PM's. Let me know if you're still interested in some carbon valve covers.

Planning on doing a gen II set first. Can do Gen III as well soon as I can get a set of covers to mold off of.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to do this---the stockers are magnesium and very lightweight.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to do this---the stockers are magnesium and very lightweight.

Not that light. You can drop a good 6-7lbs, but more than that it provides better oil control (no baffles needed) easier to setup for a large crankcase vent system, and will seal well enough for a drysump/vac pump should one desire to go that way.

Covers should be just a c-hair over 1# each.

Oh plus they look really damn cool </poser mode>

:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang