Cat Delete Options

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pouring over previous posts on the exhaust(ive) topic, and can't find what I'm looking for. I was looking at deleting the cats and the crossover pipe to primarily shed some of the interior heat generated and along the way grab a little performance. I looked at the Mopar track system, but by the sounds of what others have said it'll probably be louder than I need, and burning the paint doesn't interest me at all.:dunno: So my question is this: Does anyone know if there is a separate cat delete pipe set sold anywhere, that would mate up 2.5" to a cat-back exhaust, as there aren't any muffler shops in my area I would vaguely trust to make one. As it stands, I'm reasonably happy with the factory sound of the car, but could always go a little louder;) Thanks in advance
Brad

V

Venomiss

Western Canada Viper Club - Home

Maybe call someone from your area about this and see about joining the VCA too.

Also you can PM one of the moderators here to be listed as a Viper owner.
Contact Big-n-Italian, City Snake, or Lee00blacksilverGTS for that.

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Darbgnik, I would highly reccomend that you dont go catless. I had catless mids on my SRT-10 Ram and the smell when I would open the back window along with the side windows would cause my eyes to water and make me sick! With the side pipes and the top down, you'd soon regret the decision. With my Viper (05) I went with Belanger's headers, high flow cats and cat back and my sills never get hot, not even warm! I'd see if Jon B from parts rack has some type of high flow cat that will bolt between the factory Header/manifold and catback if you dont want to replace the catback. The high flows will make the car rumble a bit more but more importantly run much cooler. Hell, might as well replace the catback system with a crossover delete while your at it and save a ton of weight (around 50 lbs for the cats and crossover delete I beleive) and make the car sound truely bad ass.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darbgnik, I would highly reccomend that you dont go catless. I had catless mids on my SRT-10 Ram and the smell when I would open the back window along with the side windows would cause my eyes to water and make me sick! With the side pipes and the top down, you'd soon regret the decision. With my Viper (05) I went with Belanger's headers, high flow cats and cat back and my sills never get hot, not even warm! I'd see if Jon B from parts rack has some type of high flow cat that will bolt between the factory Header/manifold and catback if you dont want to replace the catback. The high flows will make the car rumble a bit more but more importantly run much cooler. Hell, might as well replace the catback system with a crossover delete while your at it and save a ton of weight (around 50 lbs for the cats and crossover delete I beleive) and make the car sound truely bad ass.

That's one opinion. I love my cat deletes. I will agree that with the top down and sitting in traffic the carbon monoxide can give you a headache. Fortunately, I'm never sitting in traffic and am going too fast for the exhaust to catch me.:drive:

I love how loud it sounds and the flames that shoot out the sides which are extremely visible at night after letting off the throttle after going WOT for a bit...very cool visual!!!

It sounds like two Hyabusas side by side on steroids is the best way to describe it. I can't say enough how wicked it sounds. It is difficult to get your car inspected though if you do this (depending on where you live). Luckily, I know someone at a muffler shop that can hook me up with an inspection sticker.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with u TexasSnake

I have the Belanger headers and mufflers with no cats. I Love the sound. I drive a lot around town and have very little smell - if any- even at wot. The sills run cool as a cucumber.

I will admit that I take my hearing aids out when I drive the Viper. :)

Shoot-a man my age needs that wicked raucous sound. ;)

Last edited:

mrnycguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasSnake,
Hi, what part of Houston are you in, I’m over in the Galleria? I would love to hear your car to help me with my decision as well.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TexasSnake,
Hi, what part of Houston are you in, I’m over in the Galleria? I would love to hear your car to help me with my decision as well.

I'm actually from the Lake Jackson area but I am currently working in New Jersey. I will be home and in the Houston area Dec. 20th - 27th. My wife's parents live in Baytown so we could possibly meet up if you wanted to. PM me your phone number if interested.

Justin

OP
OP
D

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Western Canada Viper Club - Home

Maybe call someone from your area about this and see about joining the VCA too.

Also you can PM one of the moderators here to be listed as a Viper owner.
Contact Big-n-Italian, City Snake, or Lee00blacksilverGTS for that.

Thanks for the input guys, I already paid for a membership online, which brings my next question, I guess I just wait for an email on what to do next?
And if I do go catless does anyone sell a pre-made J pipe?

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the input guys, I already paid for a membership online, which brings my next question, I guess I just wait for an email on what to do next?

You might want to call Craig as the Canada membership is handled differently(than the online form) and he can explain how it works for Canada so your membership gets done
asap.

Craig Sandford
[email protected] 247 Magic Drive
Kelowna BC V1V 1N2
Work: 250-763-8285
Home: 250-862-1997

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a take off 08 exhaust and took the cats out before puting it on. I put in rear O2 simulators, so no codes. The 08 doesnt have the cross over pipes and is a lot quieter than aftermarket exhaust. The difference in the heat is amazing and you can talk normal going down the road. VERY NICE!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just noticed your location and you live in the same town as my cousin :omg: Such a small world we live in! You don't happen to work for Syncrude as well do ya?

OP
OP
D

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed your location and you live in the same town as my cousin :omg: Such a small world we live in! You don't happen to work for Syncrude as well do ya?

No Im not employed directly by one of the oil companies here, although I do contract work for them. It is a small world:)

PS. I have worked at Syncrude before, like most here.