CAT delete: problems when getting oil changed?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm planning to do a CAT delete for my Dubai only runs... I'm wondering if when I take it to get my oil changed or any other thing like that, they'll have something to say about it...

Anybody else have any problems with it?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would your mechanic remove your sidesills and inspect the cats when doing an oil change :dunno:

if this is the case, i recommend changing your own oil

are you talking about temporarily removing the cats for a trackday? that would be a waste of effort IMO. Just leave em off or go with hi-flows:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what dom said. he cant see them and if he did, heck with him, hes not the police.

if he is the guy inspecting your car for state, at that time he can say something, otherwise tell him to shut his mouth and change the oil.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure what you purpose is, but this is increasingly becoming a problem for Dealers and others on trade in. Many States are requiring a Dealer to reinstall cats on street legal cars, and frankly the unburned gas smell is quite unpleasant to many folks. Leave the stock ones in there or go with hi-flow and you'll be fine, IMHO.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are hidden, like posted, if someone wants to visually check, the side-sills will have to come off.

Nick

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Believe you can have your hands cut off for cat delete in Dubai dnd there is a $10,000 reward for turning anyone in who has done so.

Go with HF's and don't worry about it.

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Believe you can have your hands cut off for cat delete in Dubai dnd there is a $10,000 reward for turning anyone in who has done so.

Go with HF's and don't worry about it.

I'm ratting out Limit... $10G's will get me a Paxton.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what you purpose is, but this is increasingly becoming a problem for Dealers and others on trade in. Many States are requiring a Dealer to reinstall cats on street legal cars, and frankly the unburned gas smell is quite unpleasant to many folks. Leave the stock ones in there or go with hi-flow and you'll be fine, IMHO.

I guess I'm lucky. The dealership I bought my car from never put them back on, then I got down here and passed emissions without them.

The dealer did, however, take the drag slicks off the rears and mount new PS2s for me. That served me well; 80% of my drive home was in the rain.

You must be registered for see images

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled my cats when I put the Mopar race exhaust on. I just unscrewed the O2 sensors and zip-tied them to the frame. I guess since they are still attached, they aren't throwing the check engine light. In my state, all they do is hook up the OBD. No check engine code=pass.
And no, the dealership hasn't said anything about no cats, but then again I take it to Ringgold Dodge. I would guess a LOT of the cars they get in for service aren't "legal".

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled my cats when I put the Mopar race exhaust on. I just unscrewed the O2 sensors and zip-tied them to the frame. I guess since they are still attached, they aren't throwing the check engine light. In my state, all they do is hook up the OBD. No check engine code=pass.
And no, the dealership hasn't said anything about no cats, but then again I take it to Ringgold Dodge. I would guess a LOT of the cars they get in for service aren't "legal".

You should be throwing a code. Starting in 99 or 2000, the PCM started looking for exhaust activity and a differential between the front and rear O2's

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Search and find the hundreds of threads on "removing Cats". I wrote info on how to modify "sparkplug non-foulers" to stop CELs. Oxygen simulators also work on most cars althought they still caused CELs on my car until I did the non-foulers.

Learned about the non-foulers from a couple of ricer forums.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The emissions don't test the Cats efficiency, they do a visual inspection for that. When you see them walking past your car looking underneath with a mirror they are looking for Cats.

You could remove the Cats, drill and smash the junk out of them (called gutting the Cats) and then they'll be on the car, but empty and non-restrictive.