Cat/Muffler Delete Before & After Video

SRToad4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got the muffler delete in the mail today from 7th_sign, and couldn't wait to install it. Had it on within an hour :)

Here are some pics and a before/after Vid of the muffler delete. Car is crazy loud, but I'm sure I'll get used to it over the next few weeks :)

You must be registered for see images

Video of before/after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDSn7-cwYw

I do a little first gear pull at 2:10, that noise when I let off the throttle is so loud in person, it hurts the ears haha

OP
OP
S

SRToad4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock Headers, stock resonators, just cat/muffler delete

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job freeing up some of that exhaust. It's just too muffled from the factory...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note what settings do you have on your GoPro? 1080, 720 or? I cannot get much sound volume recorded on my GoPro black Hero on any recordings. Any thoughts to fix that? I did a search and found nothing except some say its from the on line down loads to update that screws up the volume.

OP
OP
S

SRToad4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the neighbors called the cops yet?

....................:eater:

Haha not yet, I'm sure it's coming :)

Great job freeing up some of that exhaust. It's just too muffled from the factory...

Agreed, quietest car I've ever owned before I did the muffler delete haha. Now probably the loudest :)

On a side note what settings do you have on your GoPro? 1080, 720 or? I cannot get much sound volume recorded on my GoPro black Hero on any recordings. Any thoughts to fix that? I did a search and found nothing except some say its from the on line down loads to update that screws up the volume.

What do you use to edit your GoPro vids? You have to use GoPro Studio, and it allows you to turn up the volume using this sliding bar:

Of course it'll also raise your wind noise, and any other noises, but it'll definitely get that volume up. Positioning of the GoPro is key as well. It takes some playing around with, but anything on the back bumper will usually pick up really good volume of exhaust, as long as the GoPro is not in direct way of wind as the car is accelerating (ie: roof/hood/etc). Also, make sure you're using the skeleton door with the two holes in it. When I export the vids, I just do it in 720 quality, as that's good enough for me. GoPro Studio lets you select if you want to do 720, 1080, specific for youtube, specific for vimeo, etc.

I'm using the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition btw.

Last edited:

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how the vipers sound so good with cats and no mufflers. My LSX cars were the opposite.