ccw drag pack wheels? How good are these?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so whats the deal with these things? Are they the best way to hook at the strip? I really like how they look and would like to have them as a 2nd set of wheels/tires

i see that people seem to be running narrow rear tires with them...how wide are the wheels? One of the things i love about the vipers is how they look with such a wide tire....there are shops down here than can widen wheels for around $150 a wheel.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCW provides the best service of any wheel manufacturer you will ever deal with. For that reason alone it is enough to choose CCW over any other wheel.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck!

John at CCW is a top notch kinda guy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright thats good news, but what about the actual performance aspect of stepping down to a 16" wheel? Also does anyone have any information on how well they do?

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You understand the reason for going to a smaller wheel for drag racing don't you?
yea i do for more sidewall...i just wanted to see how much of a difference they actually make over a stock 17" wheel...and what kind of 60' times are possible.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i do for more sidewall...i just wanted to see how much of a difference they actually make over a stock 17" wheel...and what kind of 60' times are possible.

Just a guess, but I'm betting there are more drag tire choices in 16" than 17". Regardless if I were a dragracer I'd definitely go with 16". Better check brake clearance first though. Contact John Purner. He knows all.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Haven't even got a chance to use mine yet. I'm wondering though if I should go to some M/T drag radials. I keep reading they will hook just as good, yield better MPH, and be more "street" friendly so I can just drive the car to the track. My Unitrax axles are getting here today, so now I won't be to scared to launch.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Wheels FF.;) I have used them and seen them in action. I got 1.6 Sixty foot times with easy launches. High hp cars the best I have seen is 1.4. These tires will break something before they will let the tires spin, with good track prep.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a pic of the CCW classics with the black anodized centers on my Z06, you can get them in the street or drag pkg (without center caps)

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sooooo how wide are the rear wheels?

I beleive 10 if memory serves me correctly.

If you order them new from CCW I'm sure he can make them as wide as you want. 10 is used I beleive because of available tire sizes. And like what has been said, 1.4 sixties with this setup so why go bigger?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.47 sixty foot with CCW drag wheels and I'm an average driver.
121006-270fixed.jpg

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beleive 10 if memory serves me correctly.

If you order them new from CCW I'm sure he can make them as wide as you want. 10 is used I beleive because of available tire sizes. And like what has been said, 1.4 sixties with this setup so why go bigger?
well as far as going bigger...one of my favorite things about my car is looking at it from the back with those wide ass tires.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the look of the massive rear tire but with the even skinnier front tires you only want to drive to and from the dragway (or just at the track) with this set, not made for every day driving...

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well as far as going bigger...one of my favorite things about my car is looking at it from the back with those wide ass tires.

You are not seriously considering driving around down with skinnies up front are you!?!?!?!?!?!??!:lmao:

Just use that set at the track and keep your steam rollers for street driving. A 10 inch tire should be plenty and John at CCW will be able to tell you exactly what you need to clear your rear brakes. That or you can ask the guys here that have them.

james11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size tires you guy running on your slicks? I am pretty sure mine are too big. The rears I have are Hoosier QTP 28x14.5x16. I was warned from someone else that that are probably too big, especially since I have stock gears. Seemed like the car was almost bogging at the track and I was only able to get 1.9 60ft times. I was consistant with those times though. Wasn't sure if I should go to a 26x10.5x16 or if I should just try out some 3.73 gears. Anyone have much experience with the 3.73 gears and daily driving or driving at the road course? Looking to take it to the road course once in a while also.