Challenger SRT8s are Fast

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Claude. Is the video of a run on a quarter mile strip or a 1000 foot strip? The 13.02 run is well within a strong stock car's capabilities when brake loaded and launched. But to go from 13 down to 12.26 with only the bolt ons listed above, seems impossible unless you really leaned out your tune and took some significant risk on blowing that engine to the next dimension. If you have a dyno run of your Jeep with A/F shown please post it.

Hi Bob,
All runs were on a standard 1/4 mile NHRA approved dragstrip, in -1032 DA. I hate to have to prove myself almost 3 years after the fact, one more time, but numbers are numbers and I dont make them up. Here is the Dyno sheet taken a few days after the runs, the red line is with the new mean Tune.
Here is the Video of 2 more 12.21 back up runs, taken the same day, plus one from the inside with a passenger at 12.35
BTW, I still have the Jeep as my DD, so you are welcome ( or any other member) to come take a ride in it anytime.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the dyno sheet. If I am reading the results correctly, the 2008 run produced less power. Are the dates on the runs inverted? Weren't the mods put in later? Mindboggling acceleration results for the power level shown above regardless of which dyno run is which. By the way, your reaction time seems excellent but even with that, the results are a mystery to me. You sure that you don't have a secret NOS kit? Enjoy.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the dyno sheet. If I am reading the results correctly, the 2008 run produced less power. Are the dates on the runs inverted? Weren't the mods put in later? Mindboggling acceleration results for the power level shown above regardless of which dyno run is which. By the way, your reaction time seems excellent but even with that, the results are a mystery to me. You sure that you don't have a secret NOS kit? Enjoy.

Bob, dates are not inverted, all the best runs were made in 07 from a modified computer tuned by David Kasper of BG Chrysler perf. With over 140 quarter mile runs of practice in 2 years(first run was a disappointing 13.78, no prep, heat soaked), I knew exactly how to prepare the Jeep to extract max perf. from it, and went to the strip every Sunday morning in the Fall untill all the stars aligned. No secrets, no nitrous. Then in 08 I got the new Diablo Predator, that was all the rage, and tried other promising Tuners CMR Tunes and I was stuck in the 12.40 range, so I went back on the Dyno and found out I had lost HP. Now I got a new BG Tune that I did not try yet, along with a ported manifold and TCM computer shifting 300 rpm higher at 6400. Have not tuned it yet with it(playing with the Viper) but I will in the fall, hoping to touch the 11's, N/A bolt-ons only.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, dates are not inverted, all the best runs were made in 07 from a modified computer tuned by David Kasper of BG Chrysler perf. With over 140 quarter mile runs of practice in 2 years(first run was a disappointing 13.78, no prep, heat soaked), I knew exactly how to prepare the Jeep to extract max perf. from it, and went to the strip every Sunday morning in the Fall untill all the stars aligned. No secrets, no nitrous. Then in 08 I got the new Diablo Predator, that was all the rage, and tried other promising Tuners CMR Tunes and I was stuck in the 12.40 range, so I went back on the Dyno and found out I had lost HP. Now I got a new BG Tune that I did not try yet, along with a ported manifold and TCM computer shifting 300 rpm higher at 6400. Have not tuned it yet with it(playing with the Viper) but I will in the fall, hoping to touch the 11's, N/A bolt-ons only.

Keep us posted. You may be the "Ranger" of the Jeep SRT8 world.