Changing fluids

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked at several threads regarding fluid changing lately. I am curious exactly which fluids need changing at this point. My stock 1996 RT-10 is due and I was just wondering if any of you have a list...thread...web site...etc, with information as to what actually should be changed.

*Also, I need a blower motor for my heater/ air conditioner. The air conditioner works but it is not blowing in the car unless I am moving.

(I know, get the car to 100mph and I have all the air I need.:smirk:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you obtain a 1996 RT/ 10 Service Manual ( NOT the same as a 1996 GTS Service Manual...different engine and car)..then read the service intervals and match them to your driving situation ("A" or "B") noting that they are BOTH time and mileage dependant...which ever comes first.

Unless you plan track usage, consider OEM fliuds...and change them ALL now as a baseline.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does the a/c clutch engage while sitting? it seems like if not and then it does when you drive the car,your cooling fan is not working for the a/c,and its building up high head pressure,not letting the a/c engage...?????then when driveing the car,air hits the condensor,cools it down to norm,and lets the clutch engage

Last edited: